We have been so excited to bring you season one of Equality Talks, and all the amazing, inspiring women who joined us on it.
Season Two will be kicking off with a bang, starting with Naomi Simson of Red Balloon and Shark Tank fame. Make sure you are subscribed so you get it as soon as it hits the airwaves!
Subscribe to our monthly Women at Work newsletter to get inspiring stories, career building resources and exclusive network invites delivered to your inbox.
Season One episodes covered:
- Valeria Ignatieva and Gemma Lloyd, WORK180’s cofounders and CEOs, talking about their mission to empower every woman to choose a workplace where they can thrive, and the amazing work they’re doing to really change the shape of the Australia, UK and American workforces.
- Samantha Reynolds on the value of sabbaticals, dealing with harassment at work and maintaining boundaries. Hear her story of almost leaving tech forever to become a chocolatier!
- Ife Akintoye from Mott Macdonald on single motherhood, bravery and resilience. This is such an inspiring episode, listen to find out how Ife changed her life and uses her daughter as inspiration to be the best that she can be.
- Tracey Edwards from NAB shared a story of being a ‘diversity hire’, what that actually felt like, and the importance of quotas for women in leadership. Infuriating and funny, you have to listen to this episode.
- Kate Hobbs talked about understanding your strengths, taking risks, building resilience to change and the value of volunteering.
- Michelle Ayyuce from Zipwire shared really practical advice and tips on returning from career breaks, building confidence and changing the system for returners, and how to network for career success. You don’t need to be on a career break to benefit from many of her suggestions for networking!
- Renee Noble from the Girls Programming Network is passionate and energetic, and we spoke about what GPN is doing to support girls entering STEM, unconscious bias, and her journey through technology.
- Kate Harrison shared a practical workshop on identifying your values and ensuring you live in alignment with them to have a fulfilling life. Grab a pen and paper and get ready to learn something about yourself in this episode.
- Kirsten Clacey from Eyeo had a fascinating conversation about how to effectively manage remote working environments and how to connect and engage teams when they are distributed across multiple locations. She is so interesting and knowledgeable, and offers a number of tips you can take away and action with your team immediately!
- Vivienne Partridge from Optus wrapped up Season One with a topical conversation on managing the juggle as a parent, prioritising looking after yourself even when things are busy, what true flexibility looks like, maintaining boundaries, and wage theft. It’s such a rich conversation and her set up is inspirational! Join us for Season Two when we will bring you more inspiring stories and best practice ideas for Diversity and Inclusion.
To make sure you don’t miss future episodes of Equality Talks, subscribe on iTunes, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts!
Podcast Transcript Season 1 Episode 11.pdf
About the author
WORK180 is a jobs board with a difference! We pre-screen employers on paid-parent leave, pay equity, flexible working arrangements and more. Find your dream job here.