Young Women's Trust
Young Women's Trust supports young women aged 18-30, especially those struggling to live on low or no pay, to get into work that is right for them
We work in three ways:
- Give you a voice – through PARTICIPATION and ADVOCACY we ensure that you can create change.
- Campaign for change– we run CAMPAIGNS that will make a positive impact in the lives of young women today.
- Support you - Work It Out is a FREE TELEPHONE AND ONLINE COACHING SERVICE and JOB APPLICATION SUPPORT SERVICE for young women aged 18-30
Young Women's Trust offers free coaching and personalised advice on job applications, conducts research, runs campaigns and works with young women to build confidence and advocate for fair financial futures.
We have a proud history, having been originally founded over 150 years ago as YWCA England & Wales. We relaunched as Young Women's Trust with a new vision and direction, shaped by the young women we work with.
Our vision and mission
At Young Women’s Trust we are very concerned that there are over 1 million young women across the country struggling because they are out of work or trapped in a low paid job.
Our vision is that all young women should have the opportunity to work and thrive.
Our mission is to support young women aged 18-30, especially those struggling to live on low or no pay, to get into work that is right for them.
Young women are at the heart of all Young Women’s Trust activity, and we involve those with personal experience of struggling to live on low or no pay in all of our work.
- Working with young women to bring about the change they want to see
- Working with others in partnerships
- Trusted and empathetic
- To make a difference
- To inspire others to make a difference
- To invest energy and passion in building a better society for young women
- Use evidence to inform and develop innovative practice
- Encourage educated risk taking
- Work creatively and flexibly