Professional service provider
If you want more women in science, technology, engineering, manufacturing, construction – from the classroom to the boardroom and at all stages in between – WISE is here to help.
Whether you are a business, employer, research institution, professional body, education or training provide wanting to join like-minded people with the energy and commitment to bring about positive change – you have come to the right place.
Our long term vision
- For gender balance in STEM, from the classroom to the boardroom.
- Our short-term goal
- One million women working in core STEM occupations by 2020.
- To enable and energise people who increase the participation, contribution and success of women in the UK’s scientific, technology and engineering (STEM) workforce.
It is as easy and natural for a girl or a woman in the UK to choose and do well in physics, maths, computing, engineering or construction as it is for a boy or a man – wherever she lives and whatever her family background so that:
- Women make up a third (or more) of the UK’s science, technology and engineering workforce.
- An open, inclusive culture, transformed by a critical mass of women, draws in bright men and women from all backgrounds.
- A bigger and more diverse talent pool drives UK productivity, innovation and competitiveness.
✓ Deliver value to our members ✓ Evidence-based solutions ✓ Practical ✓ Positive ✓ Professional ✓ Innovative ✓ Collaborative ✓ Inclusive ✓ Strategic ✓ Continuous improvement
- CORE STEM - physical sciences, technology, engineering, mathematics and related sectors where women are in a minority in the classroom as well as the boardroom.
PRIORITIES 2018 – 2020
- Get more women into computing and technology
- Enable our members to recruit women who want to return to work or a new career
- Share practical solutions to improve retention & progression of women in STEM
More information Contact Facebook Linkedin Twitter Instagram