|Job Type:||Full Time|
Salary: Circa £23,000
Hours of work: 37
Expiry Date: 19 Sep 2019
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex. We also run the UK's only high speed train service on our 'Javelin' trains with a top speed of 140 mph.
Just over 4,000 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
- We make the difference together
- We aim to be the best
You will provide effective office based support to the Area Passenger Service management team and assistance with the day to day administration of the General Manager’s area and Team Organiser.
Duties will include;
- Assist with arranging of hearings and meetings, taking minutes as required.
- Arrange periodic and special medicals and maintain all records/paperwork as required.
- Liaise with procurement clerks and area managers regarding ordering of all ticket stock, cleaning stores and general purchasing.
- Issue equipment, uniform and briefing notes, obtaining signatures where required.
- Maintain a filing system of documents if required, which meets all company standards and supply information to the area manager’s team as required.
To excel in your role, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Good working knowledge of IT systems to include Word and Excel experience.
- Good standard of education with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience in dealing with people and providing assistance.
- Proactive and able to work under pressure and to deadlines whilst providing accuracy at all times.
- Honesty and Integrity – Is transparent and honest and takes full responsibility for actions. Demonstrates confidence and courage and deals effectively with difficult situations.
- Administration & Organisation – Undertakes relevant administration duties effectively, plans and coordinates own work load demonstrating good organisation.
Based from Ashford International you will be required to work 37 hours per week.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an impressive benefits package which includes a Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme and free travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services. After a qualifying period, you can also look forward to reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services – benefits which extend to family members
You’ll receive a generous annual holiday entitlement and access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our ‘Benefits for You’ scheme.
If you like what you’ve read here and think you are the person we’re looking for then we’d like to hear from you.
As part of our recruitment process you will complete a series of aptitude tests, and undergo a medical and drugs/alcohol screening, prior to employment.
Southeastern welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to creating a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Note: Southeastern has a zero tolerance policy on the misuse of drugs and alcohol by employees, therefore you will be required to attend a medical assessment and undergo a Drugs and Alcohol Screening prior to joining Southeastern. If you fail the drugs and alcohol screening or refuse to take the test, your offer of employment will be withdrawn.