|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft AI and Research works with the world's best researchers, moving with the current of technology as it rapidly evolves. Together we share the motivation to seek innovative solutions to the world's toughest challenges and improve the lives of people everywhere.
The Game Intelligence group at Microsoft Research Cambridge, UK, is seeking exceptional intern candidates in the area of Reinforcement Learning (RL) or a related field, who are highly motivated to tackle challenges that arise in applications of RL to modern video games. Working closely with researchers from Microsoft for the duration of 12 weeks, you will advance the state of the art in this space by developing novel models and algorithms.
This is an exceptional opportunity to drive ambitious research while collaborating with a diverse team. Key research challenges we are currently tackling include, but are not limited to, robustness and generalization in (deep) RL, multi-agent RL, sample-efficiency and scalability of RL algorithms. The focus and scope of internship projects considers the team’s direction as well as successful candidates’ experience and research interests.
There is no closing deadline for this post. The post will be filled once suitable candidates are found so if you are interested please apply as soon as possible. When submitting your application, include your CV with a list of publications as an attachment. You may also include your published work. For more information about the post, please feel free to email Katja Hofmann at email@example.com.
- In collaboration with your mentor and a diverse team (including designers, engineers, and researchers), solve an ambitious research challenge and translate your results into actionable insights that are relevant to applications in modern video games.
- Write research code to test the new approach or hypotheses.
- Distil the developed insights into effective communications, such as a research paper, a presentation, to reach internal and external technical and general audiences.
- Enrolled in a PhD program with a focus in reinforcement learning, game AI, or a related area, or demonstratable equivalent research experience.
- Ability to carry out research in RL or a related area, demonstrated by journal or conference publications or similar.
- Strong understanding of state-of-the-art reinforcement learning approaches.
- Hands-on experience in implementing and empirically evaluating reinforcement learning and/or game AI/planning approaches.
- Demonstrated ability and or strong motivation to learn to use cloud infrastructure for experimentation is a plus.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We offer a competitive salary.