|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients' needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institutions in the world - and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
J.P. Morgan Securities Services provides innovative custody, fund accounting and administration and securities services to the world's largest institutional investors, alternative asset managers and debt and equity issuers, along with ancillary services such as foreign exchange and liquidity solutions.
J.P. Morgan Depositary Service is providing depositary bank services across 13 fund domiciles in Europe and supports a multitude of fund types/structures and asset classes. The depositary acts independently of the fund manager and fund administrator and solely in the best interest of investors.
This position is an opportunity for a suitable candidate to join the Depositary Support Group, supporting Depositary services across 13 locations. The successful candidate will gain exposure to all areas of the funds’ industry including regulatory, legal, compliance, accounting, transfer agency services, custody, collateral management, and risk management.
- The team undertakes a number of activities related to fund set up, desktop monitoring and platform processes that facilitate the core Depositary oversight processes. These activities are undertaken in Bangalore & Bournemouth on behalf of 13 Depositary European locations.
The team work to stringent deadlines; intra-day, end of day, weekly, monthly as determined by the function and the SLA in place with the European locations. Failure to meet deadlines or SLA requirements may result in reputational, financial or Regulatory sanction and consequently effective workflow management is crucial.
Spreadsheet compilation, reconciliations and validation activities
Requirements are subject to ongoing change as new Regulatory and Client demands come on stream.
The team has direct interaction with internal Clients (Trustees/Depositary’s) in order to both raise and resolve any escalations.
The team is required to support Depositary teams in Client communications where they are the SME for the activity
Key Skills and Experience:
- The jobholder will ideally (but not necessarily) have had experience of working within a highly Regulated environment and will have or acquire a working knowledge of the (FCA) Regulations as they apply to UCITS schemes and they will understand the application of controls together with the ability to identify controls failures / gaps and make appropriate recommendations to remediate such gaps / failures.
- The jobholder will need to be flexible and able to deal with the ongoing changing needs of the Business in a positive way; they will be creative, decisive, a good communicator, organised and able to deliver timely, accurate, high quality work in challenging situations and with competing demands.
- The job holder will be required to have or acquire an understanding of Fund operating models, legal structures, control environment and governance arrangements.
- The jobholder will be highly organised, prioritising work flow to execute and deliver to agreed deadlines, and will be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
Good interpersonal skills and the ability to influence people.
Organised and structured approach to work.
Good time management skills.
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
A team player with demonstrated initiative
Risk and Control focused.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.