|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
We are looking for an experienced software developer to work in the Fixed Income and Currency Development team on Greenfield projects involving multiple systems and technologies. Experience in banking/finance would be highly desirable, especially working in a front office environment. Developers must demonstrate an ability to digest and understand business requirements with the ability to communicate at all levels. The desired candidate will need an expert level understanding and experience of Java technologies, and solid track record of developing distributed and fault tolerant software systems. They will show enthusiasm for new technologies and for producing high quality code with the use of the latest continuous integration tools for automated unit, functional, and end-to-end testing.
- Work on a low-latency, distributed, and fault tolerant front-office trading system for Fixed Income
- Provide application support of the front office investment and trading platforms, including interfacing with portfolio managers and traders daily
- Follow best practices in Agile and software development
- Proactively identify improvements and address them through independent thinking within a consensus driven team
- Navigate the wider technology organization; build relationships to manage the team's agenda with our critical technology partner
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills, with excellent relationship building skills across multiple organizations and key touch points
- Experience with distributed, fault tolerant software systems
- Eclipse/IntelliJ IDE
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to engage with business users and other technology teams
- Good team player; ability to deal with people from various backgrounds and seniorities
- Analytical and structured mindset
- Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Complex Event Processing
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
© 2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.