|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an FC&A Analyst to join the the Schroders' Finance team in London. As an FC&A Analyst, you will have a good understanding of Asset Management (accounting, forecasting, analysis of results, revenue arrangements) and their impact in management and statutory accounts. This role will report directly into the Deputy Head of FC&A.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
The Asset Management Financial Control and Analysis ('FC&A') team has been established to manage the external reporting requirements for UK and Americas Asset Management operating subsidiaries alongside supporting the internal reporting requirements of the business. This combination enables the team to deliver a co-ordinated and efficient straight-through process, with consideration of technical accounting matters alongside strategic considerations. The team will work closely with the Income, Costing and regulatory teams to ensure the statutory, the management accounting and the regulatory cut of legal entities' results are correct and fit for use. They are then well placed to provide high quality historic and forward looking financial management information and analysis. The team will thereby assist senior management and heads of business units with planning, strategic decision making and performance evaluation of business units.
What you'll do
- Preparation and review of financial analysis, written reports and presentations for internal stakeholders;
- Analysis of business unit performance and communication of this to key stakeholders;
• Running the annual strategy and budgeting processes;
• Timely delivery of ad hoc analysis to meet stakeholder requests; and
• Exploratory thought pieces and value-add analysis of data.
• Providing technical accounting oversight, ensuring the ledger is controlled and the legal entity result is rationalised within the context of the entities' contractual obligations and regulatory permissions;
• Preparing and reviewing annual statutory accounts and regular Board reports as required, including liaison with external auditors;
• Preparing and reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations in line with company policies and adhering to deadlines; and
• Presenting the monthly and quarterly corporate entity results to Finance Management.
• Managing the relationship with outsourced service providers and overseas accountants, where necessary;
• Supporting the local business units / countries with operational issues (alongside the relevant specialist teams) including i-expenses, taxes, compensation processes, liquidity and capital management; and
• Ensuring the Finance coverage for the legal entities and business units is complete, efficient and co-ordinated within the global Finance model.
• Experience in Finance transformation projects and ability to coordinate different branches of work within deadlines.
• Managing the Oracle general ledger in accordance with the monthly reporting timetable;
• Working closely with Finance Operations teams to review and challenge the revenue and cost base of the legal entities;
• Reviewing the result as submitted into the consolidation system HFM in accordance with the monthly reporting timetable; and
• Liaising with outsourced service providers, overseas accountants and key business contacts as necessary.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Good technical accounting knowledge
• Experience with accounting systems and be capable of working autonomously
• Ability to analyse process flows, identify areas to improve efficiency and maintain an appropriate control framework is expected
• Effective, professional and proactive support for the wider business is a key success criterion and ideally the candidate will become quickly acquainted with business needs
• Strong written and verbal communication skills such that they can communicate at an advanced level with others inside and outside the organisation
• Proven experience dealing with senior stakeholder within Finance and in the business
• sense of urgency and goal driven
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.