|Job Type:||Full Time|
GoCardless are on a mission to take the pain out of getting paid so that our customers can focus on what they are best at.
We are focused on recurring payments; our vision is to be the best way to collect these payments, globally.
Already, we’ve built a global network of bank debit schemes that will cover 75% of the world’s recurring payment volumes. On top of this network we’ve built a simple, developer-friendly platform that enables the >40,000 merchants whom we serve to collect payments around the world. Already, we process over $1B in payment volume every month and this number is growing fast. Last year we opened offices in Paris, Munich and Melbourne, with more to follow in Spain and the US in 2019.
Our HQ is in London and to date we have raised $122M in capital from some of the world’s leading investors, including Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Balderton Capital and Y Combinator.
You will be joining our Solutions Engineering team you will be the primary technical lead in our engagements with our prospective and existing customers and partners. You will help qualify, shape, close and support business by providing technical input and oversight on our most exciting opportunities whilst working alongside our Business Development and Customer Success teams.
Whether it is helping design a new integration with one of our Accounting or CRM partners, assisting with implementing the API integration or billing and payment process with a large prospect, there is a need for you to take a leading role in technical conversations.
Your day to day will focus on everything from evangelising on the capability of GoCardless, assisting customers through their due diligence review of our platform, guiding the architecture and implementation of GoCardless through the post sales cycle, as well as providing market insight and trends feedback to our Product teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop a strong working relationship with the prospect’s technical staff and be able to gain their trust and credibility through your deep technical knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Manage and lead the prospective merchant or partner throughout the evaluation process and ensure a deal’s technical close
- Work closely with the Business Development Managers to align the technical requirements and the solution design with the prospect’s business drivers and demonstrate unique value
- Work closely with the Business Success Managers to help the customers build the best in class integration by leading the support for technical architecture and design queries
- Working with the Product team to deliver product presentations and demonstrations tailored to the prospect’s requirements and tuned to suit the level and nature of the audience working with your peers in Sales, Product and Marketing
- Develop and run demos with a clear plan to take the audience successfully through the evaluation process and turn them into a happy customer or partner
- Coordinate and deliver RFP/I/Q responses
- Occasionally coordinate and deliver technical architecture workshops
We’re looking for someone with:
- Proven technical pre-sales and/or post-sales experience within a software company, (SaaS experience would be desirable, not essential)
- An excellent understanding of APIs and the ability to lead architecture discussions around API integration
- Be able to articulate complex technical issues and solutions to non-technicals and to establish trust & credibility with prospective customers
- Experience building and delivering demos independently and effectively in face to face and web meetings
- Good working functional knowledge of enterprise software solutions preferred, e.g. ERP, CRM, Billing
- High proficiency in written & verbal communication
- Experience with customer-facing activities and influencing key decision makers
- A willingness to work collaboratively across all areas of the business and be passionate about GoCardless’ continued growth
We welcome a wide diversity of applicants, and our team are from a variety of backgrounds, so if you’re unsure please apply.