|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you’re looking to work in a collaborative culture, solving engineering challenges at a global scale, and having a real impact in making our products better for our customers, we would love to talk to you!
We believe in providing trust and autonomy so everyone can do their best work. From how we work to how managers support you, our goal is to provide an environment that enables you to continuously grow, ask questions and not be afraid to fail - because when we do, we see it as an opportunity to learn.
Engineering at GC
The technical challenges of building GoCardless span from simplifying building banking schemes to optimising the time to render the dashboard. Working in different teams, you might contribute to different parts of our customer journey.
You will enjoy being a software engineer at GoCardless if:
- you’re looking to champion a great engineering culture within GC and in the wider engineering community;
- you enjoy collaborating and learning from people from various backgrounds and experiences;
- you want to feel proud of the work you’re doing and its impact on real customers.
Our engineers contribute to the engineering culture within and outside of GoCardless: they contribute to Open Source Software projects (see our Github), and share learnings in post-mortems, conferences and on our blog.
Our technologies: We build simple, reliable systems and we believe in using the best technologies for each task - our engineers come from a variety of backgrounds, from Java to Python. Our main technologies are: Ruby & Rails, React, Postgres, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Google Cloud (GCP).
- You have experience building web products and services, and have an awareness of technologies across the stack.
- You believe the best products are built through collaboration.
- You care about building reliable, well-tested systems.
- You enjoy solving problems and want to take ownership for finding better solutions.
We offer flexible working hours and work from home arrangements, and we are open to discussing other flexible working arrangements. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.