|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re looking for exceptional managers to help GoCardless build a global payments platform for the 21st century
GoCardless’ annual payment volume exceeds £15 billion+, and we’re processing up to hundreds of thousands of transactions per day. The company is growing fast and there is an increasing demand for creative, agile and high-quality work from our engineering group.
We believe in using the best technology for the task and we’re heavy users of Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and React. Our applications run in Docker containers. We use some React for static web pages, Python for our data projects and Go is used by our infrastructure team. Our planning and delivery processes are agile and loosely based on Scrum.
The technical challenges of building GoCardless span from simplifying building banking schemes to optimising the time to render the dashboard. Right now we’re scaling our payments systems to handle ten times our current processing capacity and we’re investing in our infrastructure for improved resilience.
Our engineers contribute to the engineering culture within and outside of GoCardless: they contribute to Open Source Software projects (see our Github), and share learnings in post-mortems, conferences and on our blog.
As an Engineering Manager in the Global Network Group, you’ll be helping us build the most creative and fulfilled product engineering team. You will lead talented and creative engineers who build products and systems they are proud of. You will push for exceptionally high-quality work and empower our engineers to make a big impact. As part of the Global Network Group, you’ll be leading teams working on problems that sit at the core of GoCardless, like orchestrating and keeping track of the movement of funds; and building and maintaining the bank and scheme integrations that make it possible to keep our merchants’ cash flowing.
We’re looking for a talented manager with a technical background who wants to focus on team leadership and people management. You will have responsibility for one or more teams of between 3 and 6 software engineers and you’ll work closely with commercial and operational stakeholders. In this role you will:
- Hire and develop great people
- Maintain a supportive and engaging team culture
- Insist on high standards of technical design and implementation and ensure your systems are operationally excellent
- Deliver project work while managing the expectations of your stakeholders
- Plan and prioritise impactful technical investment initiatives for your teams
You will also be a key contributor to:
- Improve hiring and recruitment processes
- Develop product objectives
- Ensure the security of our systems and working practices
- Contribute to the evolution of the organisation’s working practices
What we're looking for
Given the versatile nature of the role, we’re looking for someone who learns fast, enjoys leading and collaborating with others, and is a pragmatic decision-maker. This role would suit someone with previous management experience or a technical leader who wants people management responsibilities.
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- Passionate about building motivated, high performing teams
- An effective communicator, able to communicate technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experienced in partnering with PMs and other functions to deliver successful software products
- Committed to building reliable, well-tested systems
- Enthusiastic about working in a strong culture of testing and code review
- Qualified with a Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
GoCardless embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We offer a varied package of flexible working and benefits policies. From flexible working hours and working from home arrangements, through to enhanced parental leave, pension packages and equity. GoCardless has a very family and work-life balance orientated environment. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone at GoCardless has shifted to remote working since mid-March and will continue to work remotely until the end of the year. We are committed to support all employees during this time and continue to monitor the situation closely. Some of the actions we’ve taken to support the wellbeing of our employees as we transitioned to and continue working in a remote set-up are: subsidised home office equipment, remote workstation assessments, and remote wellbeing and social activities to stay in touch.