|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
Data is at the centre of our ability to add value to our customers and to our business. Fraud prevention, marketing optimisation, churn prevention, payment failure optimisation and upsell propensity are all areas of active work. You will work closely with cross-discipline teams, taking responsibility for end to end algorithm development from initial concept through to production readiness.
- We are looking for Data Scientists that will help us build predictive models that substantially increase the value that we provide to our customers and the efficiency of our operations by building new data products that leverage our growing volume of raw data.
- You will develop and productionise data products and predictive models in collaboration with your team. Working with Product Managers, software developers and subject matter experts, you’ll bring your own expertise to the team helping to move from abstract concepts, through design and build, to scalable algorithms that will deliver the teams goals.
- You will play a part in specifying the underlying infrastructure we are building to support the day to day work of Data Scientists and to enable models to be easily productionised.
- You will create meaningful data visualizations that communicate your findings and relate them back to how your insights create business impact.
- You’re a self-starter - you can independently drive a team's work forward, finding and exploiting opportunities where data science can impact our business objectives.
- You love digging into data and uncovering actionable insights
- You’re passionate about using data to help teams become more productive
- You have intellectual curiosity
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms.
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- You’ll have a degree (or PhD) in a numerate discipline or significant experience working in a commercial setting.
- You'll have commercial experience building robust ML models in a production environment.
- You have strong technical skills in data manipulation and extraction (strong SQL knowledge), data analysis and model prototyping and productionisation (Python, R or similar)
- You have solid experience of deep-dive analysis of complex data; managing data quality; feature selection; and prototyping, validation, and productionisation of Machine Learning models.
- You’ll be able to point to a range of different techniques to solve a problem and demonstrate how you're able to apply maths to data and deliver tangible, quantifiable business results.
- You have strong data visualisation skills
- You're comfortable with writing and maintaining code. Our preference is that your language of choice for data-wrangling is Python. However, R is also an option during prototyping phases
- You have a track record of deploying predictive models and data products in production with quantifiable impact.
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.