|Job Type:||Full Time|
IB – Transaction Processing Manager - Executive Director – Collateral Services Operations - Bournemouth
The Collateral Services organization resides within Securities Services, providing a scalable end-to-end suite of collateral services across transaction types and asset classes, offered through a custody- and clearing-agnostic platform, and supported by an integrated high-touch client service model.
The Collateral Services Operations team provides collateral management of clients’ derivatives exposures in line with their ISDA Agreements, exposures on triparty repo, segregated initial margin and securities lending activity. On a daily basis, the team liaises directly with the clients’ market counterparts to agree collateral obligations and movements.
This vacancy is for a strong Executive Director level candidate to work as a Transaction Processing Manager leading the group’s operations team in Bournemouth. The successful candidate will be expected to lead and manage the growth of the operations team, whilst partnering closely with global partners in Operations, Onboarding, Product and Sales teams.
The successful candidate will manage a team of circa 60 people providing support for multiple collateral management clients across products and regions, with primary responsibility for EMEA. The candidate will have a direct reporting line into the global operations lead and will be directly responsible for the day to day operations, including transaction processing, client service and risk management. The candidate will be responsible for understanding the key metrics and risk components and lead the team to meet the financial goals and objectives put forth by the business.
- Work with Partners in Sales, Client Services, Relationship Management, Operations and Product Management globally to drive the business forward
- Be responsible for identifying and developing long range or strategic planning for the Operations team
- Constantly challenge operating environment, identifying opportunities for improvement and executing
- Act as the interface between clients and their counterparties
- Be responsible for risk management to the business, including review and resolution of control issues
- Manage key performance and risk indicators (KPIs/KRIs) for the teams in location, with focus on continuous improvement of productivity and quality
Regular reviews of procedures assuring new processes are documented and process gaps and risk areas are identified and remediated
Be able to lead and manage multiple projects
- Be accountability for overall hiring and retention, as well as performance management and talent review processes
Develop and lead a team that is responsive to dynamic organizational and operational changes.
- A Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience is preferred with typically 10 to 15 years’ experience in operations management
- Experience of managing regional/global teams
- Knowledge of end to end technology lifecycle
- Promotes an inclusive work environment, respects individuals at every level
- Exemplifies the highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Fosters an environment where risk/control issues are escalated and trends are anticipated and identified
- Applies a global and firmwide perspective in establishing direction for team
- Proven track record of managing senior stakeholders and exceeding complex objectives
- Builds/promotes a client centered organization
- Sufficiently knowledgeable of CIB functions to operate effectively in a multi-functional and cross LOB role
- Promotes partnership, encourages collaboration, information sharing and discussion to break down silos
- Challenges status quo
- Leverages a flexible leadership style
- Possess the ability to work on a diverse team with a diverse range of people
- Excellent verbal/written skills
- Knowledge of Segregated Initial Margin rules and currently regulatory environment in relation to Collateral Management (optional)