|Job Type:||Full Time|
Job Description :
Are you an experienced Project Manager expert seeking a new challenge?
Interested in joining a leading multi-million-pound organisation to work on a range of exciting schemes?
Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunities for long term career progression?
If so, please read on…
We are looking for a Technical Principal with a high level of expertise in project management who will provide technical leadership at a regional or global level.
* A professional with extensive experience in the delivery of services to multiple industries, projects, programmes and organisations.
* Previous experience of engaging with industry through conference presentations, literature or thought leadership
* Experienced in supporting business development through creating relationships with clients, developing service proposals, bid writing and marketing
* Able to articulate intelligence to senior management or board members and influence development of the practice
* Experienced in the development of services including the co-ordination of resources, setting internal standards, training and development of junior professionals
* Ability to travel
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognition's.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
Pension matched up to 7%
Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
An annual professional institution subscription
Enhanced parental leave
Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Job Profile :
The role will involve:
* Lead the co-ordination of the practice, bringing together professionals across Mott MacDonald to share best practice, case studies and technical expertise
* Play an active role in establishing relationships with the appropriate professional bodies, contributing to the development of the practice
* Write and encourage others to write papers for industry literature and Mott MacDonald publications
* Represent the practice at relevant conferences through contributing and giving presentations to industry
* Own and lead development of the practice site, encouraging other professionals across Mott MacDonald to share information, and the input of practice material to the WIN site through link to the WIN team
* Own and develop the Technical Development map and lead the training and professional development of staff in the practice
* Support account leaders in communicating our service offering to clients with client visits and marketing material
* Take part in bid reviews for technically complex or unusual projects
* Provide input to proposals for technically complex or unusual projects
* Undertake or support project reviews to ensure technical compliance and good practice are being followed
Manage delegated annual PE budget to broadly deliver;
Technology planning and the move towards Digital by default
Development of Technical Standards/ Knowledge database
Development of / sourcing of technical training to support ongoing development of staff
Alignment with industry bodies to ensure we are at the leading edge of the profession
* Promote the sharing of best practice and lessons learnt from across the practice through development of a professional network
* Develop relationships with linked practices to promote connected thinking