|Job Type:||Full Time|
CIB - Global Fixed Income - Trading Strategist
JPMorgan is a leading liquidity provider in global Rates markets. We offer a full spectrum of products and services - from EUR Govies to IRS, to other interest rate derivatives. The Automated Trading Strategies (ATS) group runs systematic trading within this space and are responsible for algorithmic pricing, automated risk management and hedging, and intelligent order execution strategies. ATS works closely with other internal parties (other trading desks, sales, IT, research) to ensure clients are taking advantage of the firm's broad array of market-leading electronic services.
The trading strategist will work as part of the ATS front-office team in London with primary focus on the Rates markets. The individual must be responsible, independent and able to work in smooth coordination with the larger team. The group is globally distributed so some travelling to New York and possibly Asia should be expected. The environment is fast-paced and challenging.
ATS is accountable to trading revenue. Members of the team are also expected to cover a wide range of responsibilities as ATS staff cross over between trading, quantitative analysis and technology. These include designing trading and execution strategies; researching micro-patterns and trends; building, maintaining and upgrading applications & tools; supporting day-to-day trading. Some on call time will be expected.
- Analysis of client and trade data to identify revenue opportunities
- Formulation, analysis and back-testing of pricing, execution, risk management strategies and signals
- Performing ad hoc data mining tasks and requests as needed
- Building tools for automation and for the benefit of our own group and others, resolving day to day issues
- Work in close collaboration with IB technology to drive the automated trading technology agenda and in many cases work jointly on implementation
- Attention to detail, adaptable and hungry to learn
- Interest in market microstructures and quantitative trading in Rates
- Excellent quantitative, modelling and analytical skills
- Ability to understand and map data flows across applications and data sources
- Design and programming skills, with primary focus on C++/Java and Python
- Interest in applying agile development practices in a front-office trading environment
- Rates markets experience & trading
- Experience in manipulating large amounts of data including e-commerce, historical and financial data
- Experience of working with EGB ECNs (Tradeweb, Bloomberg, MTS, Eurex)
- Knowledge of Python, KDB, Linux scripting
- Direct experience of agile software methodologies
- Minimum B.Sc in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.