|Job Type:||Full Time|
We have a rare opportunity for an Area Technical Manager who will manage the technical and quality control of our eight Readymix concrete plants across the Southeast area. This role will provide you with the scope to utilise your technical and quality experience, providing the link between the commercial and operational teams, as well as navigate into product design and development as you look to build out more sustainable and environmental solutions. If you are looking for a role where you have the flexibility to manage your own diary, this could be a great option to develop your career to the next level.
About the role
Reporting to the Regional Technical Manager, you will establish and agree the resource levels and operational budgets required to maintain the agreed quality standards. You will also provide advice and guidance on material sourcing and performance to the Regional General Manager through the performance of structured cost and technical analysis of each material combination proposed. Other elements to the role include:
- Managing resource levels and standards in order to fulfil the requirements of our customers and to meet each agreed quality standard.
- Managing the area technical team of 3 technicians to achieve the optimum performance levels agreed with the Regional Technical Manager and Regional General Manager.
- Manage the operation and maintenance of systems to ensure all material and mix data is current and valid.
- Reviewing current material combinations to ensure the region maintains the lowest practical cost basis for each material combination.
- Determining the relative cost efficiency of each mix type and provide to the commercial staff clear unambiguous.
- Monitoring the regions variable costs, advise operational staff of the need to resolve excessive, unusual or unexplained variances providing support where required.
- Managing the quality monitoring systems to ensure attainment of the parameters agreed with the Regional Technical Manager.
- Providing technical reports and KPI data at the required times and circulate to the nominated managers.
- Providing product knowledge training for all commercial and operational staff to the standard set by the Division.
- Providing detailed induction and technical training for all new technical staff
- Carrying out routine internal audits as directed by the annual audit schedule.
- Reporting all procedure deficiencies to the Regional Technical and Quality Assurance Managers.
- Providing comprehensive support to the area teams for the speedy investigation, reporting and resolution of all complaints.
What will you bring?
- Experience working within Cement, ReadyMix, Precast, Bricks or closely related area in a similar role.
- Degree level preferred but not essential, or some element of technical concrete qualififcation.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance ISO 9001, EN206 and BS8500
- Be able to operate in line with safety, health, environment and quality procedures and legislation, our brand values, competition law compliance and other business processes and procedures.
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with a broad range of stakeholders and customers
- Be able to demonstrate flexibility to adapt and respond to change
- Proven ability to motivate self to meet targets and deliver results and manage costs
- Based within 'comfortable commuting distance' of our Southeast sites - the role is field based and will involve travel around Essex, Buckinghamshire, Cambridge and Northamptonshire.
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in. LafargeHolcim has a global footprint with leadership positions in the vast majority of its markets and a diversified portfolio with a good balance between mature and developing markets positioned in highly populated areas.
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 270 sites and more than 3,900 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.