|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Global Alternatives Group (“Global Alts”), a division of J.P. Morgan Asset Management, comprised of Real Estate, Infrastructure, Transportation, Private Equity, Private Credit, Liquid Alternatives and Hedge Fund Strategies, has approximately $130 billion of assets under management. With over 700 professionals worldwide and over 40 years of experience, Global Alts is a trusted advisor to the world's most respected corporations, governments, institutions and high net worth investors.
Global Alts is a global platform of strategies, driven by local talent. This is achieved by an experienced and committed management team with a disciplined investment process, consistently implemented across investment types and regions. Our expanding product/strategy platform of innovative offerings continues to enjoy robust growth.
Global Alts has offices throughout the world, with primary locations in: New York, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Singapore. Our philosophy is soundly built on a fiduciary perspective – one in which we align the interests of our clients, our firm and our people.
Assess and analyse origination opportunities from a qualitative and quantitative perspective.
Be prepared to discuss preliminary findings with colleagues and superiors.
Draft investment memoranda for the Global Transportation Investment Committee.
- Draft presentations for external clients.
- Perform analytics for external clients.
- Credit and risk analysis.
- Credit review preparation.
On-boarding of long-term project finance and infrastructure loan assets.
Presenting investment opportunities to colleagues and the Investment Committee.
Perform investment vehicle performance analysis for internal and external consumption.
Participate in the management and oversight of investment due diligence processes.
Assist with negotiating transaction terms for individual investments.
Assist with negotiating leverage on relevant transactions.
Work as part of an integrated deal team, delivering an exceptionally high-quality and finished work product to senior team members, with limited oversight.
Manage the timing and sequencing of deliverables in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience within Investment Banking, Asset Management, and/or Corporate Finance required.
- Experience in transportation, infrastructure or project finance sectors preferred.
- Robust knowledge of financial modelling and strong quantitative analytical skills plus accounting, is critical.
- Strong credit skills, detailed knowledge and deep understanding of contractual and financial arrangements and documentation underpinning equity and debt investments.
- Extremely high level of attention to detail essential, with an ability to mentor and train junior resources (analysts).
- Must be able to communicate effectively, and build relationships with a range of stakeholders including investors, banks and intermediaries, due diligence providers, brokers, lawyers, etc.
- Strong writing and communication skills: ability to develop clear, concise written analyses including investment and credit memoranda/ presentations/ reviews for clients and broader marketing presentations and pitch books.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously across multiple time zones.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and working knowledge of databases and reference sources.
- Fluency in at least one foreign language (in addition to English) will be viewed favourably, especially French, Spanish, German or Chinese (Mandarin).
- Masters Degree from a globally-recognised institution, or equivalent work experience.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.
Closing Date: September 27, 2019