About the role
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated Scientist with experience in immunocytochemistry and flow cytometry to join our Imaging team at abcam in the new HQ in Cambridge.
The Imaging & Flow Team plays an essential role in the validation of our antibodies and new products working in immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry and flow cytometry.
We are recruiting for other vacancies at different levels within this team, so please do apply via this link if you have relevant experience!
Roles and responsibilities:
- Has a firm understanding of principles, literature and methods within the Imaging applications of immunocytochemistry (ICC-IF) and immunohistochemistry (IHC).
- Has a firm understanding of principles, literature and methods in flow cytometry (FC).
- Be considered a technical expert, to actively present experimental findings and to mentor and teach colleagues.
- Take project work, breaking it down to tasks and scheduling those for themselves and others and ensuring delivery on time.
- As a highly experienced scientist contribute to ideas and establishment of protocol and protocol improvements. Be proactive in their validation, optimisation and documentation and take responsibility for validating new assay protocols and their integration into standard work streams.
- Actively seek to improve testing conditions for individual antibody products and product groups to best demonstrate their performance.
- Help to establish and maintain high quality standards during experimental processes and record keeping.
- Abide by laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and keep accurate Batch Manufacturing Records (BMRs).
- Solid experience in immunocytochemistry.
- PhD in a life sciences field or equivalent qualification.
- Experience with imaging platform including confocal microscopy, High content Imaging and live imaging.
- Demonstrable experience of immunocytochemistry, cell culture, cell treatments, experimental design and workload management.
- Demonstrate broad experience of flow cytometry, to include:multi-colour experiments for immunophenotyping and isolation of primary cells (murine and human)
- Experience in using antibody reagents and a strong scientific understanding of processes involved in their development.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, multitask and work to deadlines.
- Be a team player; facilitate open and constructive communication within the team and other teams within the company across the globe.
- Post-doctoral experience or significant industrial experience.
- Experience of working within the Life Science Industry.
- Experience in writing and reviewing SOPs and risk assessments.
- Ability to demonstrate evidence of managing multiple projects.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.