About the role
We're looking for an exceptional Manufacturing Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join us as fulltime employees supporting Manufacturing through a multi-year journey of upgrading/implementing our core IT systems. The SMEs will support the Lead Business Process Owner and Delivery Lead in the development of system requirements, system processes, and the functional cutover strategy while working closely with the Stakeholders, Project Managers, and Business Process Owners throughout the lifecycle of the project.
The SME will look after a specific functional area of Manufacturing either:
- Bill of Materials structures/processes
- Work Structures / Routings
As a fulltime employee with vast knowledge of the company obtained through the implementation of our new ERP system, we would have you transition into a role in Operational Excellence, Manufacturing, or Supply Chain for example. There you will continue to make huge impacts to the organization by supporting the corporate goals/initiatives.
About the Team
It's an exciting time at Abcam, with a major focus on implementing a new ERP system. This is a fast-moving programme and we are implementing the right technologies, processes and decisions for the future growth of Abcam.
Within the project, we will follow the Agile methodology predominantly, and also TDD and Continuous Integration; alongside other methodologies such as Waterfall. There are diverse set of skills, knowledge and experience within the Programme Team, focussing on Project Management, Business Analysis and Project Analysis, which help support the team in delivering key projects to Abcam.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Define and develop all aspects of bill of materials within our new ERP system
- Define and develop all aspects of work structures/routings within our new ERP system
- Apply your experience & expertise to ensure simplicity in design, consistency, and accuracy throughout BOM’s and Work Structures / Routings.
- Elicit requirements from the business users and Business Process Owners across the globe.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams for successful project delivery.
- Support cut over activities, including data reconciliation, business continuity documentation and business process maps to capture the various stages of cut over.
- Collect user requirements and technical information through workshops, project meetings and documentation.
- Involved in all test phases (ST, SIT, UAT, NFT, OAT).