|Location:||City of Bristol|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multi-sector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions.
Mott MacDonald is seeking a Project Controller/ Cost Engineer for the Bristol office. You will report to the project management team interfacing with engineers, contract administrators and other stakeholders to ensure efficient contract administration and financial control of projects.
This role can be offered on a full time or part time basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Responsibilities and skills include:
- General project administration;
- Capturing and organising project data for analysis and reporting;
- To provide project support to Project Managers on projects;
- Use company systems and bespoke spreadsheets to compile project monthly reports and financial performance data for project staff;
- To assist Project Managers with Project Management activities;
- Generate periodic and specifically requested cost / schedule reports and graphics utilizing computerized software;
- Generate periodic progress reports (cost / schedule reports) for internal and external stakeholders;
- Process incoming and outgoing transmittals and manage document control processes through co-ordination with appropriate team members;
- Audit document control processes and take corrective actions;
- Liaise with third party document control team to ensure standards are being met;
- Assist with basic project administration queries in project administrator absence.
Essential Competencies and Skills;
- Degree in engineering, construction management, business administration or equivalent;
- Minimum two years working experience;
- Fully IT literate Office 365 including SharePoint, MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint;
- Proficiency in editing PDFs in Adobe Acrobat, PDFX-Change Editor or similar;
- High level of numeracy;
- Good command of spoken and written English;
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with all levels of staff up to mid management;
- Personable and enthusiastic;
- Strong administrative skills and organizational abilities;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise a demanding and changing workload;
- Ability to grasp new computer systems quickly e.g. corporate financial tools;
- Ability to manage own workload;
- Ability to identify ways of making existing non-corporate systems and processes more efficient and cost effective - by identifying pinch points and inefficiencies, suggesting, discussing, and implementing small but effective adaptations;
- Demonstrated attention to detail;
- Capable of working well both independently and in teams with minimal supervision;
- Ability to prioritize tasks.