Base Salary from £19,166
People Power wanted at first direct bank
Let us tell you a secret about first direct’s award-winning customer service.
It doesn’t grow on trees, there’s no maths involved, and we don’t have any superheroes. Amazing customer service comes from our people, but they’re not just any people, they are people people.
People people are friendly people, they’re passionate, dedicated, and ready to go above and beyond.
And the great news is, we’re looking for people people (that’s you) to join our enthusiastic and dynamic family.
You don’t need any banking experience because after our intensive training course, you’ll have all the knowledge you need to take customer calls in a confident, efficient and professional manner. Your personality will shine down the phone, making it easy for you to build rapport, open up conversations, and delight our customers.
What you get in return:
This exciting opportunity is supported with an attractive reward package, including flexible benefits such as life insurance, income protection and healthcare. There is a pension with employee contributions to 7%, multiple employee discounts and a competitive salary (dependant on experience). There is also an opportunity to earn a performance related bonus.
At the start of your career journey we will provide you with all the training and development you require to be successful within your role, through a comprehensive blended learning approach.
You should have the flexibility to work within the hours of Monday to Friday 8AM to 9PM and Saturday 8:00AM to 4PM working 35 hours a week.
Our people, people are awesome because they are:
- great communicators who listen to and understand our customers
- team players with a genuine passion for delivering amazing customer service
- fast-paced learners who enjoy variety and can embrace change
- self-starters who want to be challenged to become high achievers
- able to really understand our customers’ needs and talk confidently to them about our award-winning products and services
- committed to our customers, our business, and our success.
We also have some cracking benefits and perks, including:
- a starting salary of £19,166 plus a discretionary annual bonus scheme
- excellent holiday allowance and a chance to buy an additional week each year
- fixed shift patterns
- fantastic development programmes, career progression opportunities, and our own Career Advisor
- on-site gym, personal trainer, and regular health and wellbeing events
- subsidised on-site nursery, rated Outstanding by OfSted
- concierge services and on-site shopping
- pension and Sharesave schemes
- comprehensive collections training
In this role you will:
- Communicate with customers using effective questioning and listening skills to enable you to fully understand their individual financial circumstances and get the right customer outcome every time.
- Be passionate and care about offering a service to our valued customers that is second to none
- Be confident, outgoing, and resilient and be able to quickly establish rapport with our customers and build lasting relationships
- Demonstrate the ability to persevere in challenging situations and be able to work as part of a team is essential to this role
- Treat customers fairly at the heart of all that you do