Role Title: Senior Business Operations Manager
Business: Digital - RBWM
New or Existing Role: New
Digital at HSBC
- The most exciting digital revolution in HSBC’s history is happening right now. The global digital solutions we are creating will influence the banking behaviour of over 37 million customers worldwide. Such an exciting journey comes with a truly unique career opportunity: working alongside a growing team of experts from world-leading technology companies to embed digital into the heart of the bank.
- Our Digital teams are an integrated global group of over 4.000 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in London, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico.
- Our work includes developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to build the relationship with our customers; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating our propositions to take advantage of new innovation.
- We are looking for leaders to help us embed mobile-first into the fabric of the business, creating and continuously improving mobile as a platform to serve content, features and journeys to our customers.
- Reporting to the Global Head of Delivery, Smart Channels, the Head of Delivery Enablement, Smart Channels role forms part of the leadership of Smart Channels, which covers our front end experiences, including Mobile, Secure Access and Staff Digital Solutions.
- The Head of Delivery Enablement will be responsible for driving effective and streamlined regional and global best practices. They will deputise for the operational aspects of the Global Head role and provide support and challenge the status quo where necessary. They will be a structured innovator, able to absorb and interpret large quantities of information and distil into a coherent message and form problem/opportunity statements. Articulating this strategy and status for a range of audiences including senior executives, members of the digital teams and other parts of the UK RBWM business and our ExCo, they will also drive the implementation through process tracking, monitoring and liaison with leadership teams.
- This leader will be responsible for devising and executing the strategy for our delivery enablers, including comms, engagement, people management and capacity planning, finance and financial accounting, recruitment, onboarding and business management.
- They will be required to create a consolidated view of status and actions, working with stakeholders including the regional Digital Operations teams, HR, and internal product teams to ensure the SC agenda and plans are being fully adopted and collating and preparing materials for weekly/monthly SC management meetings, including commercial performance, customer satisfaction, and operational KPIs; taking minutes and distributing actions from those meetings.
- They will also be responsible for helping in the build out of our Smart Channels function and involved in developing strategic organisational design that will contribute to a long term, sustainable Target Operating Model.
They will have comprehensive working knowledge of SC from a global, regional and local perspective and be able to communicate with a range of audiences worldwide, developing recipes for best practices in digital experiences for our customers globally. They will play a critical role in the way SC operate as a function and will have the opportunity to influence how we interact with our 41 million customers worldwide
Build, design and retain a delivery enablers org for SC, including but not limited to PMO, comms, finance, governance, team engagement, comms, onboarding and recruitment specialists.
Design and promote Ways of Working and ensure there is a consistent operating structure across the regions
Streamline process from business objective to execution, by ensuring all enabling functions are available and effective – from resource and funding approval, office space, tools and technology, onboarding materials, recruitment and team building.
Play a role in directing activities critical to the unblocking and enablement of cross functional and platform teams, across multiple functional areas (e.g. Technology enablement, funding, resourcing, etc)
Work with functions outside of Digital to enable us to deliver e.g. Technology, Ops.
Ensure different teams within Digital globally and locally are joined up in objectives, activities and delivery
Create a consolidated view of status and actions for SC, working with stakeholders including the regional Digital Operations teams, HR, and product teams to ensure the SC agenda and plans are being fully adopted and collating and preparing materials for weekly/monthly SC management meetings, including commercial performance, customer satisfaction, and operational KPIs; taking minutes and distributing actions from those meetings