Role Title: Digital Analytics Manager
Business: Digital - RBWM
New or Existing Role: New
- Product Owner of the Intelligence Hub Program for Digital. Accountable for the prioritisation, operational delivery and industrialisation of global digital data management and provisioning as well as associated MI at scale supporting all RBWM Digital business areas to maximising revenue generation and business growth of our digital products & services. In addition, accountable for ensuring data enablement through our digital teams is timely, relevant and accurate per data requirement
- Responsibilities include synthesising use cases to maximise digital data utilisation, owning digital data requirements for the Intelligence Hub; developing and enhancing Global Digital data management and provisioning framework for the digital business that supports effective digital data assimilation & synthesis, reporting, analysis and insight generation; actively engage Digital business stakeholders to understand business needs; craft use cases and iHub digital product delivery roadmap to shape feature releases for digital; enable timely digital data availability and utility through self-service tools, bespoke analytics environments as well as through APIs to support the continuous growth of our Digital KPIs working closely with stakeholder groups within RBWM Digital and the wider RBWM Product teams. Responsibilities would also include uncovering and driving new opportunities for digital data utilisation, improving & maintaining data quality, and enabling digital teams to support global/regional/local priorities and strategy through data-driven analysis & insight.
Impact on Business
- Drive enablement, availability, actionability and usage of our digital
- data estate to uncover value & embed data-driven decision making
- within Digital and Market teams.
- Own and craft use cases to digital data as well as drive delivery of the
- Intelligence Hub program for digital – own requirements, define and
- drive data availability, quality and timeliness at global/regional/local
- level; identifying improvement areas and opportunities to drive Digital
- KPIs and customer experience of our digital products.
- Create, maintain & evangelize portfolio of industrialized digital
- performance dashboards, models and other analytics artefacts to
- support RBWM digital teams at global/regional/local as required.
- Collaborate closely with other global/regional/local/offshore analytics
- teams to actively ensure availability and integration of offline data
- (transactional data, channel data etc.) with digital data to support
- holistic decision-making for stakeholders
- Actively identify opportunities, synergies, and enhancements to drive
- Intelligence Hub digital data utilization within multiple business areas
- with a Build Once, Deploy Many mindset
- Evangelize & embed best practice with the wider data & analytics
- community and business areas. Provide support, knowledge and
- expertise to continuously improve digital data expertise,
- understanding of digital customer behavior & product performance.
- Contribute to the development of wider digital data & analytics
- expertise through the RBWM Digital Data & Development (D3)
- community and the wider business through active support, coaching
- & best practice sharing in line with RBWM data & analytics principles.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Working closely with Digital teams across Product, DaaC,
- Commercialisation and Partnerships to drive Intelligence Hub use cases.
- Build strong relationships with digital as well as other data & analytics
- teams at global, off shore and in market to bring data driven insight to life
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders including Global Digital, Data and
- Analytics, Marketing, CVM, Group RBWM, HOST (SWD and CD), Finance
- and BI
- Share best practice across data & analytics teams as well as wider D3
Leadership & Teamwork
- Develops and maintain relationships and work well with all levels of
- management. Leverages existing expertise across RBWM Data &
- Analytics and promotes culture of “Build Once, Deploy Many”
- Actively seeks input from others- encourages and listens to different
- viewpoints and perspectives. Uses networks inside and outside the
- business to provide support in delivering goals
- Builds a culture committed to the delivery of outstanding customer service
- and healthy, open, transparent, honest team environment.
- Develops culture of continuous innovation, challenges the business on
- approach and keeps abreast of the latest developments in the analytics and
- digital realms
- Be an effective team player; cultivate an environment that supports
- diversity and reflects the HSBC brand
- Work collaboratively with teams and leaders from multiple regions and
- entities and across functions at Global, Regional and Local levels
- Work effectively with RBWM D3 Leadership Team, peers and local
- business areas.
- Support collaboration between teams from
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Drive process re-engineering, improvements in existing delivery
- mechanism and accelerate re-deployment of analytic solutions by
- promoting “Build Once, Deploy Many” culture
- Continuously review key risks and proactively institute controls in place
- to address the same.
- Oversee Quality Control in RBWM Digital data & analytics output
- Support the RBWM Data & Analytics management team as well as
- RBWM D3 in ensuring goals are identified, agreed and delivered with
- utmost efficiency.
- Adhere to RBWM Digital data & analytics processes to support wider D3
- teams with a view to enabling a data driven culture
- Align to RBWM Digital data governance, data security, risk &
- compliance, data definitions and standards
- Identifying key risks, issues and interdependencies and providing
- appropriate mitigation strategies or escalation.
- Supporting audit / independent programme assessments as required
- Develop our knowledge and understanding of the leading approaches in digital data & analytics and develop
- information processes to educate colleagues across the business
- Keep a strong focus on digital channels at the same time as working towards an integrated approach to the omni
- channel customer experience
- Operate in a global team that can work across timezones and with markets in various states of digital development
- Adapt rapidly to a changing internal environment as the organization challenges itself to become a leader instead of a
- follower in this analytical specialism
- Ensure that all RBWM Digital services offer standout customer experience and fully deliver on our brand promise.
- The role sits within the Digital Data & Analytics function supporting Global Digital, co-located with the Global Digital
- teams who are developing several enhancements to the digital experience for HSBC customers
- HSBC is and has invested heavily in Digital capabilities in many areas of the business, there is a growing need to
- increase the number of specialists we have to develop digital analytics capabilities to compliment these investments
- The role holder is responsible for delivering high availability and quality data for our Digital teams so they may
- bring to life compelling and differentiated digital products and experiences for our customers
- Support and engage with cross-functional and market teams with no direct line responsibility for those individuals
- The global nature of the role may require some travel from time to time and flexibility in daily schedule to allow
- for regular interaction with team members and stakeholders from all regions.
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an
- organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours required to support the Best Place to Bank
- principles of Make Better Products, Sell Them Properly and Keep Them Sold.
- The job holder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business,
- taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and
- practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by
- adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation
- of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of
- Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’
- embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about
- new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place
- and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.