|Job Type:||Full Time|
Global is one of the world’s leading Media & Entertainment groups. As the UK’s largest commercial radio company, Global reaches more than 32 million people every week including 25 million on the radio alone through its respected media brands; Capital, Heart, Classic FM, Smooth, LBC, Radio X, Capital XTRA and Gold. Global recently moved into outdoor advertising following the major acquisitions of Primesight, Outdoor Plus and Exterion Media. With over 250,000 outdoor advertising points, Global is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in Europe.In 2018 we launched our awards ceremony, The Global Awards, to celebrate the biggest stars of music, news and entertainment. We’re also committed to improving opportunities for young people across the UK. We train the future talent of broadcast and media at our school, The Global Academy, and raise money to support small children’s charities across the UK, through our charity, Global’s Make Some Noise.
Based from our premises at Birmingham and reporting directly to the Head of Regional Delivery, Midlands, West & Wales you will be responsible for the presentation of Global’s roadside assets throughout the region. The role ensures our roadside products are of the highest display standard along with maintaining excellent Health and Safety procedures for both our structures and our sub-contracted workforce.
Role & Responsibilities
- Ensure all sites are inspected to check the construction, posting and maintenance work.
carried out by subcontractors is to the standard required Global.
- Contribute to the profitability of each site by maintaining servicing in an efficient manner and ensuring that all expenses comply with budget limits.
- Seek competitive quotations and negotiate with servicing and building subcontractors.
- Monitor costs in relation to quotations, to facilitate comparisons between subcontractors.
- Monitor daily and end of cycle progress against campaign delivery programme and manage the expectation of additional or late workload and delays through effective communication to relevant parties
- Improve and develop supplier and internal business relationships & ensure an environment exists where complete customer satisfaction is at the forefront
- Monitoring and reporting supplier Service Level Agreements and key milestone objectives.
- Delivering ad-hoc maintenance with site specific location meetings and within budget.
- Planning of build projects and managing the timelines set within each allocated build.
- Setting of benchmarks to monitor progress through site construction phases.
- Supervising and overseeing the direction of the project (or a package), ensuring that the client’s specifications and requirements are met.
- Liaising with clients, other construction professionals and, at times, members of the public.
- Supervising and auditing construction workers on site during construction phase.
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings.
- Maintaining Global quality control procedures.
- Help to solve any unforeseen problems that may appear throughout construction phase.
- Ensure any necessary permits are in place both prior and during construction phase.
- Manage the temporary out of charge list in relation to restoring sites to a live status using the appropriate site profitability checking methods.
- Set up recording systems and maintain records to identify those sites that incur a high degree of expenditure, analysed by panel or other display unit.
- Verify and scrutinise contractor service invoices on a monthly basis to ensure they are correct as per the agreed pricing schedule.
- Assist the National HSEQ team with the management of Health & Safety, ensuring safe working procedures, as laid down, are in place for the region.
- Assist with auditing of our sub-Contractors premises and operatives as to their compliance with Global’s safety requirements.
- Inspections of On-Site servicing equipment (i.e. captive ladders etc.).
- Assisting contractors with supplying specific Building and maintenance method statements where necessary and update subcontractors with any relevant safety information.
- Liaison between landlords, Contractors and Global.
- Approve & ensure that Site Specific Risk Assessments are kept up to date and communicated to contractors.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as directed by the Head of Regional Delivery, Midlands, West & Wales or the General Manager Regional Delivery.
Key Skills & Experience
- Post-secondary training or educated to degree (or degree equivalent) level.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Self-motivated and ability to manage one’s self.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- NEBOSH Construction Diploma is preferable, but not essential.
- IOSH Managing Safely is preferable, but not essential.
- Knowledge of the Out of Home Industry would be preferable, but not essential.
- Full and clean UK driving licence.
- Strong IT skills in all Microsoft packages.