|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
As an experienced Infrastructure Support professional, your relentless dedication to innovation will have a positive ripple effect on both innovation and the people who make it. You’ll put your experience to work across the board, leading an incredibly talented team in areas like Change Management, Incident and Problem Management. You’ll be responsible for management communication and client relationship management. You’ll use your critical thinking skills to establish the team’s functional goals and set priorities and objectives that align with our overall strategy. You’ll oversee areas like incident management, change management, impact identification, management communication, Risk and Controls, client relationship management, service improvement, discovery/gathering/documenting of business needs and data and requirements. You’ll coach, manage and mentor people, both in-house and in working collaboration with our talented and dedicated problem-solving technologists across the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global network.
Coordinate the collection, review and delivery of all audit and regulatory information responses across teams, including operating systems, storage and data protection.
Create and maintain the documentation for issues. Track and report on the progress of remediation, including any escalation and final evidencing required for closures.
Perform infrastructure (storage and data backup) security program testing activities. This includes reviewing security controls for vulnerabilities, access control errors, resiliency capability gaps.
Support the identification and implementation of toil elimination using automation activities under the System Reliability Engineering initiative
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in service, functional area or Infrastructure supported and interdependencies ...storage and data backup
- Technological, Organizational and/or Operational Change Management
- Advanced knowledge of risk and controls landscape, ensuring company-wide standards are met
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant industry security management systems, such as ISO 27001
- 3+ years experience working with regulators or within regulated environments.
- 5+ years practical work experience in IT Risk, Technology Compliance or Technology Audit
- Experience with compliance testing or performing internal technology controls reviews and audits
- Good working knowledge within the following risk domains/technologies is a plus:
- Infrastructure security / technologies in storage and data backup
- Disaster Recovery & Resiliency
- Ability to set and drive the business' strategic direction to deliver technology that meets internal and external needs
- Practical experience of analysis and reporting using MS-Office tools
- Experience of working in a financial services organization preferred
- Experience with Python, Windows PowerShell, and automation toolsets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, comfortable presenting findings and recommendations to senior management
- Relevant industry certifications would include CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), CISM (Certified Information Security Manager), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor)