|Job Type:||Full Time|
Firmwide Data Management (FDM) was created with the mission to help improve the quality, integrity and reliability of the firm’s critical data. Party Reference Data and Reference Data Strategy actively contribute to the firm’s efforts in growing the business, reducing costs, and ensuring regulatory compliance. The organization’s objectives are to explain the path that critical data follows, improve data quality, reduce ambiguity and inconsistent terminology, enhance transparency, rationalize the number of replicated data assets, and improve firmwide-sharing of information and best practices. To achieve all of this, FDM serves as the governing body to create firmwide standards that drive consistent data management practices, develop technologies and processes to support data management processes, partner with LOBs to embed data management best practices and capabilities, and ensure sustainability by refining, measuring, and improving the firm’s ability to manage data.
The successful candidate will join the Reference Data Strategy team focused on driving business priorities and strategy. Strong partnerships with other global functional support areas are essential; these include technology, business support management, product business managers, legal, credit and various operational support teams. An ability to develop effective working relationships with partners, stakeholders, and senior management is critical; this role interacts with the leads across the Contacts Data Strategy and FDM organizations.
The Reference Data Strategy Change team is a dedicated group within the Firmwide Data Management organisation. The team has as a mandate to identify and lead critical strategic transformation efforts focused on the Firm’s refdata business needs.
This role is for someone to contribute to the Wholesale strategic vision across the reference data domain of Contacts, i.e. data representing the designated point of external communication within a JPM business relationship. This is an area of focus that continues to grow in terms of business importance and criticality. The role is to support working closely with various key partners, especially the Front Office, to form, syndicate and agree business sponsorship of a strategy for Contacts across Platforms & Models, Processes & Organisation and Data Content & Quality.
Supporting the build & adoption of the strategic Contacts Repository for the firm across different lines of Business
Leading analysis / working group meetings with stakeholders including preparation of meeting materials
Documenting current state, future state process / workflows
Developing business cases as needed where technological infrastructure build / changes are identified
Contributing ideas and solutions to help shape both tactical and strategic solutions
Documenting meeting minutes, maintaining scorecards, project plans, RAID logs and other PMO updates
- Background knowledge of Investment banking sales/ CRM functions will be a plus
- Ability to understand logical data models and work with data architects to define extensions to the strategic party and account data model
- Experience of working on agile delivery projects with ability to write user stories / requirements
- Delivery focused with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and investigative skills
- Excellent data analysis skills; ability to analyze data using Excel
- Strong communication, presentation (both oral and written) & influencing skills
- PowerPoint and Visio skills with ability to create business focused presentations and clear process flows
- Confidence in communicating internally at all levels; candidate will be dealing with stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority across front office, middle office and technology teams
- Ability to build effective business relationships
- Effective change management skills. Ability to support & adopt within a changing environment.
- Strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on-time, to a high-level standard
This role provides an outstanding opportunity at JPMorgan Chase for the selected candidate to join a high profile team and take a partnership role, supporting one of the Bank’s most significant change programs.
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.