|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Shape the development of data discovery solutions and integration
- Drive the design for automated data processes for data discovery and Identify areas to increase efficiency
- Identify, evaluate and implement services and tools to support data validation and cleansing
- Manipulate, analyse and interpret complex data sets relating to business flows
- Mine and analyse large datasets, draw valid inferences and present to senior management
- Provide quality metrics for benchmarking of data points and produce and track key performance indicators which align to Line of Business Sponsorship
- Liaise with internal clients to fully understand data content and commercial usage / business opportunity
- Gather, understand and document detailed business requirements using appropriate tools and techniques
- Create data dashboards, graphs and visualizations to aid commercial opportunity
Skills & Experience Required
Data Engineering & Integration
Significant experience working in financial services in a technical engineering role
Extensive experience in turning data into actionable insights using a variety of programming solutions
Experience in Data Architecture and Information Architecture
Experience on a variety of database technologies like Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, Cassandra, Mongodb
Experience of data analysis and data processing using Java, Python, R, PL/SQL, TSQL, KSQL, CQL, Airflow, Bash, Jupyter Notebooks
Strong understanding of RESTful APIs and / or data streaming
- Experience of version control (Git, Bitbucket)
Experience of Data visualisation tools, e.g. Matplotlib, Seaborn, ggplot2, Birst, Tableau, Qlik, Grafana
Familiar with Agile working practices and methodologies
Good experience with enterprise-wide infrastructure technical architectures like Apache Spark, Amazon cloud and Big Data strategies
Experience with distributed nature of storing and analyzing data, through programming frameworks such as Hadoop and Spark
Experience of working with large and complex datasets for the purposes of analysis, and delivering analytics solutions
Experience of creating analytics dashboards or reports
Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements, and determine appropriate technical solutions
Experience of producing documentation/specifications for technical solutions
Keen to learn and continually develop skillset, collaborate and express ideas to make improvements
Demonstrates a passion for using data to solve problems and deliver value
Strong problem-solving skills and ability to logically analyse complex requirements, processes and systems
This role is a an outstanding opportunity within J.P. Morgan, and will offer the candidate the opportunity to join a high profile, efficient team and take a partnership role within the Firmwide Data Management group, to support one the most significant change programs at J.P. Morgan Chase.
- Degree in computer science / information science (or similarly technical discipline).
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.