|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our water resources team has an exceptionally strong record in providing services and expertise to the UK and international water sectors. Demand for these services continues to grow, and we are seeking an experienced Water Resources Specialist to join our team in Cambridge, with a particular focus on water systems modelling.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Water Resources Specialist, you will be a key figure in the Cambridge, UK and worldwide water resources team, and your remit will cover a range of technical, management and commercial/client-facing activities.
You will have particular responsibility for:
- Delivering of water resource management, catchment management and hydrological modelling projects
- Managing projects and maintaining client relationships
- Assisting with winning work and the development of new business within the water resources team and across the wider water resources practice
- Providing technical guidance, support and training to junior colleagues and assisting, where practicable, in the mentoring and development of others
Our water resources practice brings together a wealth of staff knowledge and experience in hydrology, hydrogeology, water quality, catchment management, climate resilience and associated disciplines. It encourages staff to work across disciplines and to forge networks across the business, aiming to harness our talents and expertise for both innovation and resilience.
For those with related interests, there are many opportunities to get involved across our teams on activities such as hydrogeology and groundwater management; environmental impact assessment; contaminated land management; and flood risk management. We therefore welcome applications from people with varied backgrounds and skillsets.
What qualifications, experience and aptitudes will you need?
- Chartered (or near Chartership) with an appropriate professional body
- Extensive professional experience in water systems modelling, specifically in Aquator (expertise in other packages such as MISER, PyWR or WEAP will be an advantage)
- Proven track record in water resources management and hydrology, including rainfall-runoff modelling
- Competent in related packages such as HYSIM, PDM, CATCHMOD, SWAT, QGIS/ArcGIS
- Awareness of regulatory requirements as regards the UK water resources management planning process
- Able to guide and mentor junior staff
- Understands the importance of prioritising Health, Safety and Environmental issues