|Job Type:||Full Time|
Firmwide Risk Management – Associate – EMEA Risk Regulatory Management and Business Management
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients' needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institutions in the world - and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
The EMEA CRO team, led by the EMEA Risk CAO, supports the EMEA Chief Risk Officer, the Legal Entity Risk Managers in EMEA, and the cross risk legal entity interactions across EMEA. The team is responsible for risk governance, legal entity risk support, business management, regulatory management and control management. This role will report to the EMEA Risk CAO, and work across the business management and regulatory management areas of responsibility. They will work across the Risk groups in EMEA and partner with groups including Control Management, Compliance, Finance and Business Management.
- Support coordination of regulatory activity within and impacting Risk Management, including meetings, exams, requests for information and remediation activity
- Support the preparation of materials, working with SMEs on input and reviewing proposed materials
- Track and monitor regulatory exams, requests, and meetings impacting Risk, providing management information as appropriate and providing input into Global Risk Regulatory tracking/briefings
- Coordinate regulatory issue management activity, partnering with the broader Risk Control Office and issue owners
- Assist in the development and ongoing maintenance of strategic reporting tool.
- Provide general Business Management support to Risk group heads and senior risk managers across the Region including delivery of strategic business initiatives, priorities and ad-hoc projects
- Provide and support management reporting/communications, input to governance, and plan/deliver townhalls, new starter inductions and learning events
- Provide input into the budget process, monitor expenses and support the development of business reviews
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters/MBA a plus
- Significant experience in financial services or related field (ideally Risk, Compliance, Audit or Controls)
- Experience with, or knowledge of, implementing effective control environments especially in the Financial Services Industry
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively
- Outstanding ability to analyze problems with keen attention to detail; Inquisitive and proactive in identifying risks and solutions
- Demonstrable familiarity with regulatory requirements and experience of communicating with regulators would be beneficial.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to aggregate data, identify root causes and help drive Action Plans
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines; demonstrated ability to lead by influence and lead cross-functional teams
All internal moves will normally take place on the same grade and same salary. Salaries are reviewed annually in February. Exceptions to the rule regarding transfer on current salary may include a move between geographic locations.