|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
The EMEA 2nd LOD Monitoring and Testing Team is part of EMEA Compliance, Conduct and Operational Risk Management, and is responsible for managing and executing Monitoring and Testing across all lines of business in EMEA and covering all aspects of compliance including financial crime, conduct and operational risk. The team is divided into groups dedicated to the delivery of different parts of the overall plan.
The EMEA 2nd LOD Monitoring and Testing Team is responsible for the timely and effective management and execution of the EMEA 2nd LOD testing program.
The testing team partners and support Line of Business Compliance Officers, Core Compliance and Operational Risk Management globally. The role responsibilities include:
Execution of the EMEA 2nd LOD Monitoring and Testing Program in line with the firm’s expectation. Areas of responsibility include operational risk, compliance including financial crime and conduct risk for all lines of business in the EMEA region.
Testing of businesses impacted by Regulatory changes and Regulator focus
Co-ordination with Compliance and/or Operational Risk Manager, and business stakeholders.
Management of open issues arising from testing and ensuring associated action plans are addressed and issues are validated in line with the firm’s expectations.
Co-ordination of Audit, Regulator and Client enquiries and reviews relating to 2nd LOD Testing.
Involvement in departmental projects particularly in relation to the development of the Annual Monitoring and Testing Plan.
Work with global testing partners to lead or support global monitoring and testing assignments as directed.
The successful candidate should have:
- For the Associate Level, a minimum of three years’ relevant Compliance or Operational Risk Management experience. Alternatively other related experience such as audit, operations or business control management, or similar.
- Relevant Compliance or Operational Risk Management experience. Alternatively other related experience such as audit, operations or business control management, or similar.
- Audit or relevant Industry Qualifications or a University Degree.
- The ability to interpret financial regulations and regulatory requirements and assess operational compliance with those requirements.
- An understanding of operational risks and their drivers, and be able to challenge the design and effectiveness of the associated business controls.
- Understanding of Financial Crime Compliance would be particularly advantageous.
- Experience and understanding of technology risk would be advantageous.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify and document the root cause of control deficiencies.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to establish credibility and strong partnership with senior business and 2nd LOD partners.
- Be a team player, able to work with other team members.
- Have good organizational skills with an ability to manage, prioritise, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Be comfortable interacting with, and presenting to, senior business management and control functions.
- Demonstrate clear and concise verbal and written skills.
- Be able to quickly understand a highly complex and often rapidly changing business environment
- Have flexibility regarding working hours.
- Expect to travel to other locations as required.
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.