|Job Type:||Full Time|
We analyse the competitor landscape and Schroders’ positioning across its product set covering equities, fixed income, multi asset and alternatives. Globally spread and cross channel with a focus on Continental Europe and the UK. As a key stakeholder you’ll have the opportunity to influence the strategic direction of the firm, so we are looking for highly driven, innovative individuals.
We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We’re close to our clients, in the heart of the UK’s financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role.
Market Intelligence is a brand new team responsible for supporting the product, sales and marketing strategy of the firm by delivering proactive market and competitive insights. The team will tackle the following areas:
- What are the most promising unexploited opportunities for growth? Where will we need to defend?
- Are market conditions changing in a way that we should be adapting our product, sales and marketing strategy?
- What do our clients want? What are they getting from our competitors and not getting from us?
What you’ll do
- Analyse Schroders’ investment product offerings and compare to competing products to support favourable positioning strategies
- Evaluate and recommend optimal products to prioritise in light of market trends
- Maintain a strong understanding of Schroders’ funds, peer universes and competitors across all asset classes and monitor competitor developments
- Collaborate with the product development team on new product ideas and competitive insights
- Serve as a mentor to more junior members of the team
- Support ad-hoc projects by developing customised research on markets, peer groups and competitors
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Technical knowledge of investment products, ideally with manager due diligence experience within an investment team
- Knowledge of the asset management industry from a strategic perspective
- The ability to engage with stakeholders on complex concepts in a clear and concise way, both written and face to face
- Proactive team player with excellent interpersonal skills and able to establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships
- Ability to use databases such as Lipper, Morningstar, eVestment
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Actuarial or similar experience or formal qualifications
- CFA / progress toward CFA preferred and / or MBA or equivalents
What you’ll be like
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Flexible, highly curious and willing to learn
- A critical thinker who’s able to look at things from different angles
- Great at unpicking a problem, from start to end, own and deliver the solution
- Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once, and with tight deadlines
- Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating decisions
- Keen to improve what we do for our clients and how we do it
We’re looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You’re welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.