|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a Desktop Engineer who will play a key part in ensuring the engineering function continues to deliver a highly performant desktop estate to Schroders.
The Desktop Engineer will be required to provide 3rd line troubleshooting.They will be required to work closely with both the Global Desktop Engineering Team and Global Desktop architect to ensure successful delivery of the engineering function.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You'll be based at our new Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's home to our new Technology Operations Centre.
It's a brand new site, and a brand new team, putting digital first. So we're looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It's a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure.
It'll have same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different.
We support our international offices by developing, rolling out and maintaining our systems and processes, using cutting-edge software and hardware. Our new Broadlands Business Campus means there's a great working environment for the team.
We know that helping you balance personal and professional commitments is a big part of that, so we're open to flexible working. You can do this job from 3 to 5 days per week.
Our team has shifts, so you may be working early mornings, evenings and weekends.
What you'll do
- Provide 3rd level investigation and resolution of desktop incidents, problems and support
- Provide support, advice and input on in-flight desktop transformation initiatives
- Monitor availability and performance of desktop systems and rectify issues as required
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex desktop related issues escalated from first and second level support
- Identify key improvements to existing desktop delivery processes
- Assess, document and implement desktop platform changes as required in conjunction with risk and security teams
- Document processes for internal policies and procedures related to desktop platforms
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
**- Excellent proficiency in Windows 10 desktop engineering
- Excellent proficiency in AppSense Environment Manager including Personalisation
- Working experience in a VDI environment**
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Knowledge of Citrix brokered virtual desktop solutions
- Knowledge of App-V delivered applications
- Knowledge of Powershell implementation
What you'll be like
- Flexible and willing to learn – how we work in this new hub will evolve, so you'll need to adapt
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Positive attitude capable of remaining positive when under pressure
- A good communicator, and able to work collaboratively in a global team
- Someone who can operate in a fast changing environment and take ownership of their work
- Someone who will challenge the status quo and improve the overall user experience
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- An inquisitive thinker, with attention to detail
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.