|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an Availability and Capacity Manager who thrives on ensuring technology services are monitored, reported, and available across the estate.
We've got a new site, new teams, and new ways of working. So we want someone who can build, lead, and take responsibility of this new area. You'll challenge the Technical service owners to manage the capacity and availability of the services in their Capability areas, to ensure availability of critical and everyday resources at a justifiable cost. And you'll help them to report on this information, determine corrective actions, and deliver great service all the time. As part of the new Governance team, you'll provide complete visibility and oversight of availability and capacity management across Infrastructure and Production Services.
You'll be on the frontline – busy, hands-on, and can-do. Making sure the Capability teams have everything they need to do their best. And always looking for ways to improve our service.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You'll be based at our new Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That’s home to our new Technology Operations Centre.
It's a brand new site, and a brand new team, putting digital first. So we’re looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It’s a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure.
It'll have same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different.
The role is part of a brand new global Governance team, so we're looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It's a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure. We support our international offices by developing, rolling out and maintaining our systems and processes, using cutting-edge software and hardware. Our new Broadlands Business Campus means there's a great working environment for the team.
We know that helping you balance personal and professional commitments is a big part of that, so we're open to flexible working. You can do this job from 3 to 5 days per week.
What you'll do
- Establish an Availability and Capacity Management oversight service within Infrastructure and Production Services globally
- Work with and support the technical teams to ensure consistency, visibility and accuracy of availability and capacity data and reporting for all technical services
- Make sure we're consistent around the world, by working with the teams to follow through and fix availability and capacity issues and to improve common processes and controls to ensure availability of critical and everyday resources at a justifiable cost
- Produce governance packs to report management information on progress and risk relating to availability and capacity management, and present your proposals for improving compliance, effectiveness and efficiency across the estate
- Nurture good team collaboration by working with team members to achieving sustained availability to meet service requirements, streamline and simplify reporting requirements, make tangible savings and reduce risk
- Keep improving the Governance team's service, by gathering and reporting suggestions for improving customer satisfaction and reducing risk
- Keep up to date with changing availability and resilience requirements
- Uphold our standards, processes and policies
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Experience in an availability and capacity monitoring and oversight role or similar
- Familiarity of a technology estate, including software, hardware and cloud services
- Experience of understanding customers, managing data, producing reports, and meeting business expectations
- Experience of processes to keep improving service
- Experience of maintaining a great service across different time zones
- Good with Microsoft-based operating systems, especially Windows 10
- Experience of the Microsoft Office365 suite
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Knowledge or experience of monitoring and availability tools, e.g. LogicMonitor
What you'll be like
- A motivating, challenging and supportive contributor
- A great problem solver with the knack of coaching others to do the same
- A really good communicator – great at listening, persuading, influencing and negotiating
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Good at working in a team, and with other teams
- A real attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Flexible and willing to learn – how we work in this new team will evolve, so you'll need to adapt
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You’re welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.