|Job Type:||Full Time|
Operational Support Engineer - Storage
Who We Are looking For
We are looking for the right person who is ready to take their career to the next level.
Due to a major IT restructuring programme we have a new site in Horsham that needs new teams with new ways of working. You may have already made a career out of IT or you may still be finding your feet, but either way, as long as you are not afraid of hard work in a challenging environment, we still want to hear from you.
Although processes and procedures will be in place from the start, you will still have the opportunity to provide input to improve and refine the service that we offer moving forwards.
As a member of the Global Hosting team working within the Technology Operations Centre you will be part of the wider Technology family, working alongside (sometimes physically, sometimes virtually) colleagues in all serviceline’s around the world.
Global Hosting are responsible for the Wintel, Unix / Solaris, Storage, Database, Backups, Cloud and Automation serviceline’s, from an operational perspective through to design and delivery. As such, you and other team members at all levels will have a huge amount of experience between you to help each other where needed.
You will be based at our new Technology Operations Centre on the Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex, however our Headquarters in The City of London will never be too far away.
We are Looking For the Best, Whoever You Are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer, meaning that we welcome you whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or age.
What You Will Do
- Work as part of a Global multi-locational cross-matrix team in a dynamic and high pressured environment
- Adhere to the Serviceline’s Global Policies and Standards
- Attend training courses related to the Serviceline as well as taking ownership of your own career progression through continual learning
- Form a professional working relationship with all levels of the Global Serviceline including the Service Desk, Operations, Engineering teams and external vendors in order to share, assist and learn as well as to ensure cohesive incident ownership and resolution
- Proactively own incidents, problems, issues and change requests whilst adhering to the documented processes within the scope of the Global Serviceline whilst adhering to SLA’s and OLA’s where relevant
- Provide an excellent level of ticket management throughout the incident, change, problem or issue, and escalate within agreed guidelines and timelines
- Act as a technical resource for Change Requests, maintenance, firmware upgrades and recurring patch cycles within the scope of the Global Serviceline
- Utilise documented Standard Operating Procedures and other documentation provided
- Highlight any cost saving, shift left or automation opportunities, gaps or possible improvements in the Standard Operating Procedure library, other support documentation and general processes within the Serviceline as part of the Continual Service Improvement process.
- Adhere to Schroders Information Security and Compliance policies and standards within the Global Serviceline
- Provide the highest level of internal customer service during direct or indirect customer interaction
- Shift work, weekend work and being on-call will be required
The Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications That You Will Have
- A love for technology, a desire to learn and an eagerness to progress
- Experience of working as part of a global team
- Experience of managing a ticket based workload
- Experience providing support using documented operating procedures and processes
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently prioritise and execute tasks within a high pressured environment
- Knowledge of the following…
- Pure storage (//m and //x series)
- Filer Storage (Isilon)
- Filer Storage (NetApp)
- Storage Area Network (SAN) Technologies – Cisco MDS and Brocade
- UCS B class and C class servers
- VMWare (ESXi 6+)
- Asynchronous / Synchronous replication
- Automation tools
The Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications That Will Help
- Experience of working in the financial sector
- Experience, knowledge or a qualification in the ITIL Framework
- Experience of ServiceNow
- Knowledge of backup solutions
- Knowledge of Hitachi Data Systems (VSP)
- Knowledge of HP 3PAR
- Knowledge of XIO
- Knowledge of Filer Storage (Windows VM Filers)
- Working in an Agile environment
- A degree-level qualification in a computing or technical discipline