|Job Type:||Full Time|
Global Index Research Group (London) – Analyst/Associate:
Index Research Product Development and Management Strategy
Description of the role
The J.P. Morgan’s Global Index Research Group is the leading index franchise for Fixed Income Bond Indices. This is a front-office research role that requires the individual to demonstrate a combination of skills to deliver at critical points of a fixed income index product life cycle:
- Data analysis for a new index strategy and highlighting key index trends
- Feasibility study to gauge and improve system efficiency for complex implementation and maintenance
- Bond math for modelling fixed income analytics and index construction
- Product design by factoring in market analysis, asset class coverage, valid input sources, robust processes for index management and effective client end-user tools for index attribution and reporting
- Effectively communicate business objectives to partnering teams in technology, index calculation agent, and commercialization
- Manage complex projects for index platform design; system migration and integration; and end-to-end process improvement for product development.
- Scenario analysis to measure client demand and prospective commercial opportunities to gain market share and revenue
The role requires the individual to exhibit sound relationship management and communication with internal and external stakeholders, analytical problem solving, and teamwork and time management.
Global Index Research Group profile
J.P. Morgan’s Global Index Research is central hub for fixed income indices within the Corporate and Investment bank, and is part of the Global Research organization. The group is a leading provider of indices across fixed income with a market leading presence in Emerging Market (EM) and Developed Market (DM) Indices – accounting for over 95% of the market with over $800 billion in assets tracking the various EM index products. The Global Index Research analysts are viewed as thought leaders in the Indexing lifecycle (from idea generation to launch) and liaise with clients in all stages of their investment cycle.
Overall, the index group is responsible for creating, managing and marketing J.P. Morgan proprietary indices and commercialization of research data for beta-access products (ETFs, structured products etc.). The group is also involved in collaborative research efforts with other J.P. Morgan research groups in producing thematic publications and marketing efforts around the underlying asset class (Emerging Markets, Global treasury markets, Corporates etc.). Our clients are some of the world’s largest asset managers, insurance and pension firms as well as sovereign wealth funds. The team has presence globally in New York, London and Mumbai.
Responsibilities of the candidate:
Index Research product development and management strategy:
- This role would involve understanding the building blocks (rules, market structure, client usage and clientele) of the fixed income index product suite and the intricate systems (legacy and upcoming) involved in developing and running them.
- Analyze gaps in the vast legacy system framework and strategically plan to manage and implement scalable solutions on new or existing infrastructure to meet the rising demand of new products.
- Review and improvise the fixed income bond and issuer object model to meet the business need to launch new instrument analytics along with new products across asset classes – rates, credit, securitized, and agency. Think of strategic solution to partner effectively with internal teams or external vendor sources to attain this.
- Market Analysis, feasibility study, and data back testing to propose new cutting edge investable products to increase market share, by keenly studying the competitor strategy.
- Build strong partnership with internal stakeholders - Research, Technology, ICAT, Reference data, Data Science and QR teams and harness the collaboration to deliver differentiating results and optimum client delivery.
- Core part of this role also involves ensuring all products are managed efficiently (with an oversight on Index calculation Agent team, which manages the daily index operations) and relationship management with internal stakeholders to keep them abreast of the Index-related market events and implications.
Minimum education and requirements: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Quantitative Finance or Management in Information Systems and 2 or more years of related work experience in the relevant field in financial services. Experience in Fixed Income indices (benchmarks or strategy) is preferred.
- In depth understanding of Fixed income concepts and Bond & Issuer object model across asset classes
- Ability to manage complex projects for fixed income product development; index platform design, implementation, & maintenance; largescale system migration and integration; and end-to-end process improvement for enhanced efficiency to launch new fixed income investible products
- Quantitative and Analytical skills, experience in building and maintaining financial models (or programing models)
- Experience with Python and other modern programming languages
- Detailed specifications and requirement gathering skills from varied associated teams and partners
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and strong teamwork ethic
- Being on top of market activity – new issuance, price volatility – that affect index calculation
- Data Science, Data management and Data visualization tools and techniques – a strong plus
Position requires someone with keen interest in applying above skills to facilitate in building effective Platform, Products, and Partnerships in the Fixed Income space and perceives every problem as an opportunity.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme