|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald's landscape architecture and urban design team has an exciting opportunity for a senior landscape architect to join the environmental team based in our London, Leeds or Altrincham office, performing a key role in the development of our landscape architectural services, as well as supporting existing clients and developing new opportunities to support our growth strategy across the regions.
The role requires a candidate with proven experience in the management and delivery of design and technical projects as well as a working knowledge of the EIA process, including Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments. You will have successfully led multi-disciplinary design teams on a variety of projects, managed budgets, and resources effectively and have experience in winning work and maintaining client and stakeholder relationships.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of personal motivation and in return will be provided with excellent opportunities to develop into a key member of the expanding landscape team and growing the landscape practice in this key location for Mott MacDonald.
Initially, you will fulfil a prominent role on a range of design, technical and assessment projects, supporting the local environment teams. As the position develops it is expected that you will take on a more active role in procuring new work, developing new connections and managing multi-disciplinary projects.
In addition to this, the candidate's typical duties and responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of high-quality design projects, technical designs, and management of small multi-disciplinary teams.
- Production of conceptual, detailed and associated contract drawings, presentation drawings, schedules, specifications and photomontages for landscape and urban design projects.
- Undertake Landscape, Townscape and Visual Impact Assessments (LVIA/TVIA).
- Providing direct assistance in the management of projects both financially and as a team project lead.
- Assisting the Mott MacDonald landscape practice and team leaders to deliver practice and divisional business development strategies.
- Contribute to strategies for winning work - proposal writing, bid preparation, resource planning, and programme management.
- Raising the profile of landscape architecture in Mott MacDonald through contributing to publications and attending events.
- To provide mentoring for colleagues on their pathway to chartership and coaching to junior members.
- The ideal candidate will have some post-chartership (CMLI) experience.
- Although flexible in the base office location, the candidate should expect to be involved in projects across the UK, supporting our regional and head Landscape offices.
- Ability to use initiative to undertake tasks diligently and independently with a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, demonstratable experience in delivering technical drawings, specifications and reports.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, experience in liaising with clients and multi-disciplinary team members in a confident manner.
- Strong computer skills and experience of the following software packages would be an advantage: AutoCAD, Revit, 3D Civils, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, NBS and Keyscapes.
- Full, clean driving licence with a willingness to travel throughout the UK and internationally if required.