|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald's landscape architecture and urban design team has an exciting opportunity for a landscape architectural technician to join the environmental team based in our London, Cambridge or Leeds office, performing a key role in the development of our landscape architectural services, as well as supporting existing clients and developing new opportunities to support our growth strategy across the regions.
The role requires a candidate with proven experience in working on a 3D platform and delivery of design and technical inputs on projects as well as a demonstrable interest in design.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of personal motivation and in return will be provided with excellent opportunities to develop into a key member of the expanding landscape team and growing the landscape practice in this key location for Mott MacDonald.
Initially, you will fulfil a prominent role on a range of technical and design projects, supporting the local environment teams. As the position develops it is expected that you will take on a more active role in looking for new opportunities to develop the team's technical capability and managing inputs to multi-disciplinary projects.
In addition to this, the candidate's typical duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the delivery of high-quality design projects, technical designs, and co-ordination with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Production of conceptual, detailed and associated contract drawings, presentation drawings, schedules and photomontages for landscape and urban design projects.
- Primarily working on Bentley AECOsim/Microstation to undertake drawing/modelling and detailing / scheduling for landscape architectural projects. You will also be expected to work within other environmental disciplines if necessary.
- Producing high quality and complex 3D models and 2D drawings.
- Adhering to Quality Assurance procedures
- Giving attention to technical correctness
- Providing smooth coordination with other design disciplines.
- Working to deadlines to complete deliverables on time.
- Working closely with Design Team members, senior and junior Mott MacDonald staff.
- Working within a Common Data Environment (ProjectWise).
- Showing a strong work ethic, be team focused and have an enthusiasm to learn and develop.
- To provide mentoring to junior team members.
The ideal candidate will:
- Although flexible in the base office location, the candidate should expect to be involved in projects across the UK, supporting our regional and head Landscape offices.
- Hold a Professional Certificate or Diploma in a landscape, civil engineering or CAD technician field or have proven professional experience.
- Proficiency in Bentley AECOsim/Microstation or evidence that they are willing to develop less proficient competency.
- Some knowledge of 3D modelling (including Revit/Civils 3D) would be an advantage.
- Ability to use initiative to undertake tasks diligently and independently with a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and attention to detail, demonstratable experience in delivering technical drawings.
- Full, clean driving licence with a willingness to travel throughout the UK and internationally if required.