|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Understanding growth or changes in business models and how these will impact operational risk
- Independently evaluating and challenging implementation of the firm’s Operational Risk Management Framework (“ORMF”), promoting cross-LOB/Function consistency and identify areas of best practices.
- Challenging the mitigation of catastrophic risks relating to Electronic Trading (E-Trading) Operational Risk Management
- Driving the build out the E-Trading Operational risk Management Framework designed to provide effective challenge to the growing E-Trading Business activities across CIB Markets.
- Reviewing and approving new or material changes to E-Trading Activities.
- Providing oversight and independent assessment of the risks identified by the first line of defense. Where appropriate, providing independent and credible challenge to the first line and escalating any new or emerging risks or issues.
- Independently assesses operational risks for relevant Markets business through quantitative and qualitative means. Oversee the second line of defenses independent assessment for business covered which identifies risk drivers that may impact operational risk activities and the controls to help mitigate such risks.
- Using the results of risk assessments to identify heightened areas of operational risk to independently monitor the risks and test the effectiveness of controls within the relevant Markets business.
- Drive the monitoring and testing agenda for business covered, utilizing key risk indicators (KRIs), key performance indicators (KPIs), and other metric. Reviewing and enriching KRIs and KPIs as required.
- Informing the firm of operational risk levels and provide associated second line of defense support to all areas of the firm.
- Raising issues for the first line of defense to remediate through action plans.
- Leveraging and influencing a centralized strategy for metrics and dashboard reporting to support the CIB Markets ORM Mandate.
- Reporting on results including changes in risk assessments, results of monitoring and testing, and required corrective actions to senior management, consistent with the firm’s escalation practices.
- Reviewing and updating as required policies and standards established by Operational Risk and the second line of defense which set forth the requirements for CIB regarding the management of operational risk and enables oversight and independent assessment over operational risks inherent within the firm’s activities.
- Liaising with key senior stakeholders across Markets including first, second and third line of defence.
- Driving the broader Operational Risk agenda through research, presentations, assessments and reviews
- Bring a focus upon internal process re-engineering, with a view to making recommendations and enhancements to existing Risk processes where opportunities arise
- Stay abreast of industry news and regulatory developments to facilitate proactive risk identification and mitigation.
- Review root cause analysis on internal operational risk events and maintain vigilance on external operational / market events
Minimum Bachelor degree; or sufficient compensating experience
Experience with risk management, product ownership, business management and operations, controls management, or application development with an emphasis on financial markets.
Understanding of Markets business, internal systems (including E-Trading systems), processes, front to back trade life cycle in detail an advantage
Excellent project management with successful track record of completion
- Strong team player and self-starter
Passionate and capable of learning in a changing environment while delivering results
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.