|Job Type:||Full Time|
Gas Distribution Assistant (NCO1)
Salary: £23.8k - £26.5k PA (Dependent on skills and experience)
Location:London (inside M25)
What we are looking for
We currently have opportunities for the role of Gas Operatives (NCO1s) across London depots. Suitable applicant must live in or close to areas within the M25.
Who we are
SGN manage the network that distributes natural and green gas to 5.9 million homes and businesses across Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, our pipes deliver gas safely, reliably and efficiently to every one of our customers. It’s your gas, in our network.
What does a Gas Distribution Assistant do?
- Gas service and mains repair and replacement activities.
- Undertaking physically demanding work involving excavating/digging in the public/private highways laying and repairing gas pipes.
- Working in a variety of outdoor environments safely and as part of a team.
- Using computer field systems and achieving high standards of safety and technical competence.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- A flexible attitude to work, and willingness to take on new skills in order to further your career in the gas industry.
- Communicative and Inter-personal skills, including the ability to converse with members of the public.
- You will be expected to be flexible and to work variable hours, possibly participating in the 24 hour standby rota.
- NCO1 accreditation is an advantage but not essential as appropriate training will be provided.
- A full and valid driving licence is essential.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive starting salary and other benefits, including company pension scheme.
- Plenty of potential for further development and progression within the Company.
- Employment with a highly regarded, award winning company with a commitment to developing an equal, diverse and inclusive culture.