|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan Fund Services provides services including fund accounting, fund administration, Investment Operations, and Transfer Agency to mutual and pension funds. Edinburgh Operations is a department within the EMEA Fund Services Operations.
This is an Associate position based in Edinburgh. The Operations team provides services across Fund Accounting and Investment Accounting Funds on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Fund types range from, but not limited to Unit Trusts, OEICS, Multi Manager, SICAVs, Life & Pension Funds.
Key Responsibilities of Fund Accounting Analyst Associate Role
- Be a primary point of contact for operational activity across all Fund Ranges administered in Edinburgh, working as a trusted client partner and advocate, ensuring strong strategic alignment and open communication
- Manage a team of professionals who work within Edinburgh Operations
Proactive management of key queries relating to event capturing, processing and reconciliation.
Manage Teams workload to ensure individual, team and departmental deadlines and objectives are met.
Manage relationship and open communication between JPM Utility Hubs and external counterparties, within prescribed timeframes.
Ensure all daily functions are completed to meet the agreed service levels
Manage group email boxes and internal enquiry management tools to ensure queries are resolved and responded to within a timeframe and manner sensitive to the urgency of the event, and in accordance with prescribed service levels.
Take full responsibility for adherence to all departmental procedures, policies, checkpoints and controls
Provide support, guidance and training to other team members when required.
Identify process inefficiencies and manage change through operational process improvements
Provide effective team communication, in partnership with Team Managers, through Fast Meetings, regular 1:1’s and team meetings.
Identify any process and/or procedural changes required as a result of changes to client SLA’s, markets, daily operations or business functions.
Support Senior Management with appropriate escalation of all issues, service updates and progress updates for clients.
Be an active participant on key initiatives driven by the Edinburgh Operations Management Team
Key Responsibilities of Edinburgh Operations Team
Ensure timely, detailed and accurate processing across fund ranges.
Ensure full execution of morning and afternoon, intra and end of day controls and checks.
Build effective relationships with internal Utility Hubs to ensure client SLA’s are met
Proactively partner with Utility Hubs to share ideas, tools and techniques to improve service levels and processes.
- Create an environment that fosters and supports thought leadership, innovation and creative problem solving
Use creative thinking strategies, techniques and tools to develop new ideas
- Ensure we remain adaptable and responsive to the changing regulatory landscape
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Approaches change with a positive attitude
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict and informed risk taking
- Ability to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective
- Multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Investigate opportunities for self-development and improving knowledge of the business in order to improve skills and deliver maximum service levels.
- Able to work effectively across cultures and take advantage of time zones to deliver more effectively to the client
- Solid experience in Operations or Client Service Management
- Evidence of organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage change with conflicting priorities
- Demonstrate experience of multi-tasking and effective time management with attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to drive Team forward with support from Management Team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of the control infrastructure within Fund Accounting
- Comfortable working across all levels of the organization and bringing teams together to achieve results
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.
Closing Date: November 07, 2019