|Job Type:||Full Time|
Role: Network Infrastructure Specialist
Reporting To: Head of Infrastructure & Information Security
Global is one of the world’s leading Media & Entertainment groups. As the UK’s largest commercial radio company, Global reaches more than 32 million people every week including 25 million on the radio alone through its respected media brands; Capital, Heart, Classic FM, Smooth, LBC, Radio X, Capital XTRA and Gold. Global recently moved into outdoor advertising following the major acquisitions of Primesight, Outdoor Plus and Exterion Media. With over 250,000 outdoor advertising points, Global is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in Europe. The company headquarters is in London’s iconic Leicester Square.
This role will involve management of internal, external and remote networks including ISP, data centre, and cloud. You would help support and maintain all network infrastructure. Global are members of LINX, so experience in this area is a distinct advantage.
The successful candidate will be proactive and willing to take ownership, and be a reference point for network issues, but also have the ability to work within a larger multidisciplinary team. Operational support and being a point of escalation for resolution of complex incidents and faults. You should be a self-starter and thrive in a busy and exciting environment. If you've got all of these, you'll be able to help create and deliver world-class secured technology solutions to power our business growth, across a huge variety of projects.
Key Skills & Experience
- Cisco IOS (ASA,ASR/ISR in-depth), Wireless, ISE, PRIME; CCNP level or above
- Checkpoint experience advantageous
- Extreme Networks experience; ECE
- LAIT1-3 would be a distinct advantage
- AWS/Azure/Google cloud experience is essential
- AWS Cloud certification is an advantage
- DDoS mitigation Techniques
- A passion for new technology - whether that be writing software, analysing data, working with
social media or using new technology such as machine learning to solve problems
- Great communication skills at all levels of the business
- Is both analytical and creative in problem solving
- The ability to think creatively and see the bigger picture
- Vision to spot potential issues in advance and come up with great solutions
- Boundless enthusiasm and dedication
- Highly organised with a great attention to detail
- Comfortable working alone on projects or being part of a team
Sound like you?You could join us as a Network Infrastructure Specialist, based in our central London offices, split between Leicester Square and Holborn, but with travel around other regional broadcast centres as required. The position is available with immediate effect, on a permanent contract basis.