|Job Type:||Full Time|
The UK’s leading cash processing company – Vaultex UK LTD are a joint venture between Barclays Bank and HSBC. When it comes to cash processing we are thought-leaders; developing ideas that the rest of the industry follows and adapting our service to meet the needs of our customers. Simply put, our role is to ensure that cash is widely available for use and that people continue to have confidence in cash as a payment method.
Typically, Vaultex handle around £160 billion worth of bank notes and coins a year – which, if laid end-to-end, would stretch to the moon and back. An accredited Living Wage Foundation employer with IIP (Investors in People) Champion Status, our external recognition as leaders in people management ensures successful applicants will enjoy career development opportunities, structured training and an excellent benefits package and a generous company pension.
Change Delivery is a team within the Vaultex Commercial Technology (CT) function focused on the delivery of CT-enabled change into the business operation. Change Delivery leads the management of a wide variety of projects that are initiated through various channels (e.g. business initiatives, strategic programmes, technical remediation, regulatory, innovation) from initial ideas through to implementation. Vaultex targets industry best practice in all areas of project management.
The role holder will manage a portfolio of projects in accordance within the Change Delivery Methodology and in line with CT strategy. The successful applicant will take responsibility for projects from inception, through the project delivery life-cycle (discovery, build, test, and implementation) and finally through handover to business as usual service.
- Management and execution of projects that deliver business value, either through changes to existing systems and/or business processes, or the delivery of new technology solutions.
- Managing project scope and ensuring that benefits are delivered in line with stakeholder expectations.
- Ensuring that business and technical requirements are effectively captured, communicated and managed.
- Managing project plans and ensuring project timelines are effectively managed and communicated.
- Working with stakeholders to identify and effectively manage risks and issues.
- Monitoring and reporting project progress to stakeholders, including the PMO.
- Working with business stakeholders to ensure appropriate engagement and support throughout projects.
- Ensuring that business change is effectively planned and executed (including communications, business validation, end user training, end user support etc.)
- Ensuring that transition to service is effective from both business and IT operational readiness perspectives.
- Deliver closure reports and feedback lessons learned to project management peers, the PMO and other interested parties.
- Close liaison with CT teams (architecture, development, service) and any other key IT partners to schedule and prioritise planned activity in line with project plans and other projects across the CT delivery portfolio.
- Work closely with technical resources to develop technical strategies for the project that develop and enhance our IT architecture in a consistent way.
- Manage relationships with key third party suppliers and provide them with direction as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job (E – Essential, D – Desirable)
- Highly motivated, experienced Project Manager, familiar with managing IT and business change projects within a structured delivery environment (E)
- Extensive experience in a Project Management position (E)
- A successful track record in delivering secure, business critical systems in dynamic, fast moving environments (E)
- Experience of managing project resource in a matrix environment (E)
- Experience of working in an agile environment (E)
- Excellent time management / planning skills using MS Project (E)
- First class communication skills, verbal & written alongside good analytical skills (E)
- Actively seeks responsibility (E)
- Strives to meet and exceed customer requirements. (E)
- Excellent team player and with good interpersonal skills (E)
- Capability to manage stakeholders at all levels, both within the company and with external parties (E)
- Prince 2 Practitioner (or similar) (D)
- Experience of managing involving both software development and infrastructure work streams would be an advantage. (D)
- Knowledge experience of re-engineering operational processes would be an advantage (D)
- APM/PMI Member (D)
- Experience of working in a complex transactional processing environment (D)
- Experience of working with COTS-based packages (D)
- Competitive salary
- Up to 20% annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Group income protection
- Group life assurance
- Flexible working
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from the community. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.