|Job Type:||Full Time|
Role: Executive Assistant
Are you passionate about travel and our mission to build the world’s travel platform?
We are looking for a dynamic, intelligent and highly organized Executive Assistant (EA) to provide comprehensive administrative support to multiple senior level executives in a fast-paced, results oriented, and global environment. This position is ideal for someone who takes ownership over the details and loves to get things done.
At Expedia, EAs are an essential part of the office and are expected to grow throughout their careers, building and improving their skills to match the evolving needs of Expedia and our executive team.
What you will do
- Manage complex calendar and scheduling requirements.
- Liaise with external partners and business guests as appropriate to organize meetings
- Organize both team and large-scale events and run the project end-to-end, including planning, budgeting, and logistics; and may take minutes in meetings.
- Make timely decisions using independent judgment on a regular basis in a proactive manner.
- Handle and process mail and correspondence as required.
- Schedule cost effective air/hotel/ground transportation in accordance with the Expedia Group Travel policy. Create detailed, to-the-minute travel itineraries. Complete and file expense reports.
- Drive team activities, including staff meeting agendas and notes, org-wide meetings, social outings, supply ordering, and other key logistics.
- Collaborate closely with other EAs.
- Process invoices and POs; and assist S/VP with tracking spend and budget management, headcount tracking, organization chart upkeep, space management for team(s)
- Provide and/or create reports and presentations through in-depth data gathering and process management; special projects as requested, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- You are kind, patient, approachable and flexible—able to deal adeptly with varied personality types
- You are curious and have a passion for learning
- You are a self-starter, able to work independently with minimal direction
- You have a bias for action, are resourceful and able to find opportunities, propose solutions, and drive execution
- You are detail-oriented and passionate about continuous improvement
- You are able to multitask and juggle multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining a positive, proactive and professional attitude.
- You are comfortable working with top-level executive management team and handling sensitive and confidential information with the highest degree of integrity and discretion
- You are able to think fast on your feet and have an innate ability to proactively prepare for and predict issues before they arise
Skills and Experiences
- Several years of experience as an Executive Assistant at Director and/or Senior leadership level
- Extensive experience of diary management and arranging international travel and conference calls
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills: confident operating independently while hitting key deadlines
- Strong communication: confident communicating with wide variety of teams & stakeholders, across all levels in the organization
- Extremely comfortable with Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and internet research
We believe in flexible working and this role could be fulfilled on a flexible working setup; this can be discussed during the interview process.
Why join us
Hotels.com is the most rewarding way to book a place to stay. We really love travel and we know you do too. That’s why we make it really easy to book with us. With hundreds of thousands of places to stay around the world and 90 local websites in 41 languages, Hotels.com has it all. So, whether you’re looking for value in Vegas, treehouses in Thailand or villas with views, it’s all just a click away. And with our “Reward-winning” loyalty program you earn free* nights while you sleep…what could be better? Booking just got smarter too. With over 25 million real guest reviews and an app so easy to use that it’s been downloaded 70 million times, you can be sure to find the perfect place for you.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.