Records Control Assistant – Secondment
Salary: £22.2k - £27.0k (dependent on skills and experience)
Location: Burgess Hill
There is an opportunity for the position of Records Control Assistant, based in Burgess Hill Repex depot, reporting to the Resource Manager.
Who we are
SGN manage the network that distributes natural and green gas to 5.9 million homes and businesses across Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, our pipes deliver gas safely, reliably and efficiently to every one of our customers. It’s your gas, in our network.
What does a Records Control Assistant do?
- Travel to gas mains replacement project sites across our operational area and take measurements of laid and abandoned mains pipework in order to produce an accurate “as laid” drawing pack for digitization
- Log accurate measurements of laid and abandoned pipework to update our network records which is directly linked to contractor payments
- Create “as laid” drawings for services where required
- Meet compliance targets
- Report and submit any network inaccuracies via Error Management reporting process
- Promote safe behaviours within the company and with our contract partners
Do you have what we are looking for?
- You should possess a keen attention to detail and good time management with a methodical and accurate approach
- You must have good computer skills with a proactive approach to business challenges
- You must have the ability to work on your own initiative but also as part of a team achieving business result
- The role involves a varied combination of office/computer work and project site visits across our operational area
What will I get in return?
- Competitive starting salary and other benefits, including company pension scheme.
- Plenty of potential for further development and progression within the Company.
- Employment with a highly regarded, award winning company with a commitment to developing an equal, diverse and inclusive culture.
- A designated mentoring and training programme will form part of this appointment
The successful candidate must have a flexible approach to work and hold a full valid manual driving licence. A branded company van is provided for the role.