|Location:||East Lothian council|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Following some internal movement, as a result of the fantastic career development we offer, we now have opportunities for Quantity Surveyors within our National Contracting Business with varying levels of experience across our business within the UK.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative and supportive team, that provides lots of opportunity for career progression and an environment that is open to working flexibly, empowering its people to manage their time to deliver the work, this is great chance for a career move that helps you build on your potential and create a brighter future.
Whether you are just starting your career pathway as a Trainee Quantity Surveyor, working as a Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor we’d love to speak with you.
About the Role
You will be an ambitious individual with great communication skills, who is confident and has a flexible approach. You will be able to demonstrate innovative approaches to problem solving and have the ability to negotiate across the various levels of any construction environment as well as handle the financial and commercial demands of the role by possessing impressive numeracy and IT skills.
Other areas include:
- Ensuring compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives
- Preparing forecasts, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- On-site measurement and measurement of drawings as required
- Identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
- On-going cost analysis of maintenance and repair work
- Feasibility studies of clients requests
- Analysing sub-contractors quotations
- Preparation and agreeing variation accounts
- Preparation and agreeing of interim valuations and final accounts
- Prepare and issue certification for contract payments to sub-contractors
- Providing evidence for resolution of disputes
- Ensuring all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedure
- Coach and guide more junior employees and trainees in quantity surveying practice where appropriate.
What will you bring?
- Be able to demonstrate experience working as a Quantity Surveyor.
- Some experience working within Highways, Civil or Surfacing sector working with the NEC form of contract.
- Be a strong collaborative team player.
- Tenacious in approach, with ability to plan and organise and operate to tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and build relationships, with a strong Customer focus.
- Strong IT Skills.
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary & benefits (including Car or generous car allowance, Pension Scheme, healthcare and bonus) recognizing the contribution you bring.
- A working environment that is open to working flexibly, empowering its people to manage their time to deliver the work.
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad.
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in. LafargeHolcim has a global footprint with leadership positions in the vast majority of its markets and a diversified portfolio with a good balance between mature and developing markets positioned in highly populated areas.
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 270 sites and more than 3,900 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.