|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure business is a critical strategic monetization and growth lever for Microsoft at this time. This business consists of growing Azure consumption in both our customer base and acquiring new customers across both Microsoft and Open Source technologies.
The Azure Product Marketing Director (PMM) is responsible for leading the Azure Go-To-Market strategy for their Area to deliver customer & partner success, resulting in revenue, growth and share outcomes for their Azure aligned Priorities. The PMM must develop strong partnerships across marketing, partner, services and sales to lead and execute the priorities.
Each Azure PMM Manager leads the field business for their solution/motion and has overall responsibilities for enabling each Area teams’ success by:
- Lead the Azure business in alignment with your Business Group Leader;
- Empower Customers to Migrate, Modernize & Innovate apps to the cloud and enable them to build skills and govern their cloud journey;
- Build and land growth plans to win and maximize the local market opportunity.
- Drive business outcomes by executing local Azure Go-To-Market plan to exceed business targets.
- Manage, lead and coach a team of product marketing managers to land workload GTM across all sales and marketing motions and engines
The PMM is required to have a strong understanding of their solution area and or motion, and a deep understanding of customer solutions and strategies and end-to-end market ecosystem.
This role represents the relevant Azure solutions, within the subsidiary and is the subject matter expert, and is the market facing spokesperson. In addition, they must be able to articulate the local competitive landscape and develop local compete strategies and product differentiation by leveraging corporate and local research, partner insights and customer feedback.
Own and Land Your Propositions
- Plan and execute activity that promotes Azure services to drive revenue growth; lead key product/services moments/activities/releases
- Maintain product knowledge and evangelize the product internally and externally to press, enthusiasts, influencers, sales (for pre-sales and consumption driving) customer and partner scenarios
- Act as the voice of the field by ensuring timely updates/feedback to corporate on Azure Priority execution and performance in Area/Subsidiary
- Land & Create sales programs to drive net new business
- Ensure high ROI on investments
- Own the local product marketing strategy in accordance with growth and bridge models. Use corporate guidance to align Azure Priorities and Programs & Investments
- Orchestrate the creation of local Azure GTM plans and investment decisions. Lead targeting for local market-owned activities, partner with segment/channel teams to prioritize investment decisions for non-product-marketing owned activities.
- Develop competitive strategies to drive target market share gains. Respond to new market, product, strategy dynamics
- Monitor and understand Azure Priority Performance; Orchestrate execution to deliver on business metrics related to the Rhythm of Connections (ROC) and course correct the GTM plans with the business owners to deliver results.
- Actively lead and engage with all stakeholders across the subsidiary for One Microsoft orchestration across sales, partner, marketing, and services
- Determine key insights and asks to accelerate adoption of Azure services, qualify inhibitors (with recommendations) to escalate to subsidiary LT and corporate
- Best Practice identification and sharing across the Area/Subsidiaries and with corporate to exponentially sale successful performance.
- Evangelist and subject matter expert for product
- Deep customer focus and understanding
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communicator
- Track record of strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) required, relevant fields of study include Marketing, Business, Computer Science and/or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.