|Job Type:||Full Time|
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: 40 per week
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience + Car AllowanceAbout Sofology
We've loved sofas for 30 years, and have gathered bags of experience up along the way. We've learned that our customers want real information about the sofa they've got their eye on, not a ‘must end Sunday' sale that in actual fact, goes on forever.
We guarantee our best price every day of the year and so our customers choose their sofa because it is perfect for their homes and whoever they share it with!
The Occasional items/Accessories Buyer will work with the Buying Director to decide which products should be introduced, based on their potential to increase our profits. They will then oversee the launch of all new products including lamps, rugs, tables, wall art and much more, to key stakeholders within the business. You will build strong relationships with our suppliers and internal Sofologists. Strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence decisions are key in this role.
What you'll be getting involved in..
- Perform market analysis and competitor shop to ensure we have the best range in the market
- Liaise with suppliers in the Far East, Europe and UK to ensure we have all relevant -
- Build strong relationships internally with all key stakeholders who touch product
- Ensure we have a fantastic choice of accessories available including different styles &
- Work closely with the online content team
- Managing complete price architecture and suggests areas for improvement
- Dissect and determine root causes of problems and implement solutions
- Suggest and implement process improvements and sharing best practice across the business for continuous improvement
- Visits to suppliers across the globe and exhibitions as and when required
- Producing reports and forecasts & Pitching ideas
- Continuous reviewing of what is & isn't working
What Skills & Experience we would love our new colleague to have..
- Previous experience in an accessories buyer/upholstery & accessories/ Occasional Items buyer
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to make decisions
- Ability to cope with pressure
- Interpersonal skills, particularly in negotiating
- Effective organisational skills
What's in it for you?..
- Join a business that's growing with so much opportunity for you to make your mark
- 30% discount for all products across the group!
- Generous holidays with Length of Service
- High street discounts
- Charity work - 1 day paid
- Company annual bonus
- Learning & Development
- Professional Quals
- Employee assistance programme for you & your family