|Job Type:||Full Time|
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: 40 per week
Salary: Up to £40,000.00 Dependant on Experience + Annual company Bonus + Benefits
An excellent opportunity has arrived for a talented QA Analyst to join our family and become part of something special. Sofology is an innovative, fast growing, retail business with a passion for technology driving the business forward on all platforms and media channels.
The Software QA Analyst will shares our passion for delivering quality software in a dynamic agile culture. The ideal candidate will be a strong self-starter with a strong focus on user experience and business collaboration.
What you'll be getting involved in..
- Champion testing and good testing practices.
- Understanding the needs of the business and the end-user.
- Champion user experience.
- Actively supporting agile development methods and best practices.
- Participate in Retrospectives and Sprint Planning sessions; guiding from a quality perspective.
- Support developers in kick-off activities for each story including defining Acceptance Criteria.
- Preparing test scripts for each release; including Acceptance Criteria for Release to Live.
- Working with other testers and teams to ensure the spread of good practices and knowledge.
- Running functional and acceptance tests for new behaviour.
- Ensure regression testing (automated or manual) is run on releases prior to go-live.
- Input to the requirements of build and test environments.
- Select the best tool for the job at hand, and proactively adapt the way of working as required.
- Acquiring new testing skills and learning new technologies with minimal input.
The skills we would love to see our new colleagues demonstrate..
- Strong understanding of creating a good User Experience.
- Writing acceptance criteria as part of a ‘3 amigos' group.
- Source control systems (e.g. GIT).
- Working with the team to create automated tests.
- Hands-on testing in Agile development environments and BDD.
- Relational databases and basic SQL queries.
- Non-functional testing