|Job Type:||Full Time|
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: 40 per week
Salary: Basic of £30,000 - £40,000, Dependant on experience + BenefitsAn excellent opportunity has arrived for a talented Developer to join our family and become a part of something special. Sofology is an innovative, fast growing, retail business with a passion for technology driving the business forward on all platforms and media channels.
As a Developer you will be working across the full technology stack from C# backend development of the core platforms through to developing engaging front ends and internal tools. You will have significant experience in software development and use your expertise and knowledge of the industry best practices to perform various development tasks such as planning and design through to coding, app development and web development.
Based in Warrington, you will be joining a friendly, agile and highly collaborative team where you will be able to voice your opinions and share your own ideas. You will often oversee projects and may specialise in a particular area of development or coding language.
Working with an agile team to develop, test, and maintain web and desktop-based business applications.
Assisting in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
Assist the Lead Developer in planning and maintaining development standards.
Have knowledge of one or more development languages.
Develop unit and integration tests to assist QA's with testing software projects.
The skills we would love our new colleague to demonstrate..
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Must be technically savvy with a flair for creativity and innovation.
- Have an understanding of agile software development methodologies.
- Exposure to Microsoft .NET development using C#
- Practical background in development using ASP.NET MVC, .NET Framework and .NET Core.
- Experience with SQL Server database creation and maintenance.
- Experience with developing mobile optimised websites and applications.
- Knowledge of client/server application development.
What's in it for you?
- Join a business that's growing with so much opportunity for you to make your mark
- 30% discount for all products across the group!
- Generous holidays with Length of Service
- A bright office with the best tech
- High street discounts
- Charity work - 1 day paid
- Company annual bonus
- Learning & Development
- Professional Quals
- Employee assistance programme for you & your family