|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Asset and Wealth Management Risk Technology group works closely with quantitative specialists to produce refined data for global risk reporting groups to consume. The metrics that we produce are used by our portfolio management and risk management teams to track portfolio risk relative to benchmarks and external funds. Risk alerts on outsized risks and anomalies are raised by the system, after which they are reviewed and acted upon. Our system is used to monitor and report on risk both internally and to regulators. The information we produce is reviewed by the highest levels of management at the firm.
In Asset and Wealth Management Risk Technology we have the opportunity to work with emerging technologies to create the most efficient and streamlined operation within our industry. We strive to be the leader on process and technology innovation within the group and are looking for like-minded motivated individuals to join and contribute.
The Glasgow team is a new addition to the AWM Risk Technology family and has a potential to become a hub for excellence so it is an exciting time to join. The team will be involved in developing and re-architecting legacy systems using cutting-edge technologies and driving the business into the Big Data era.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Hands-on experience with Java 8
- Hands-on Experience using Spring Framework (Data, REST, Boot 2.x, JPA)
- Experience with RESTful services
- Strong attention to detail
- Innovative and team-player mindset
- Exposure to Agile methodologies
- Basic knowledge of TDD/BDD (Junit, JBehave or similar)
- Proven track record of SQL/PLSQL experience
- Developing reusable, scalable and testable code
- Designing and implementing optimal solutions for Hadoop driven storage
- Creating Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks using a Test Driven Development approach
- Digesting and understanding Business Requirements and designing new modules/functionality to meet those needs
- Delivery of software on time and on budget, based on original scope & requirements
- Work as a team to deliver value in a sustainable fashion
- Pro-actively look to improve and innovate existing flows and processes
- Participate in regular standups and code reviews
- Provide proper technical documentation on code
- Experience with Java Microservices
- Experience with Cloud
- Experience with Cloudera Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, HBase, Hive
- Experience with Eureka, Hystrix, Ribbon
- Experience with Sybase, Oracle, Greenplum
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Maven or Gradle
- Experience in No-SQL databases
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
© 2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.